PDA

View Full Version : Ardboys Lizardmen 3000

vinny t
14-08-2010, 13:10
So Ardboys is in a couple weeks from now and I've decided to go with Lizzardmen. So here is the list I will be using...

Slaan BSB with Focused Ruination, Plaque of Tepok, +1 LD Banner and Becalming Cognition (Lore of Life)
Slaan with Higher State of Consciousness, Focused Ruination, and Cupped Hands (Lore of Death)

Skink Priest on Engine of the Gods with Dispel Scroll

24 Saurus with spears and full command
20 Saurus with full command
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers

26 Temple Guard with full command and Huanchi's Totem

Salamander
Salamander
Salamander
Ancient Stegadon

Any comments?

vinny t
15-08-2010, 21:59
46 views and not a single comment? ouch

Esco Thomson
16-08-2010, 02:44
I am at like 60+ with 1...so you are not alone...

I am not so sold on the Engine anymore, seems like a great way to lose a Skink.

Personally I am not really digging double Slaan either, I think that you might fare better by just getting more troops in there.

Yrrdead
16-08-2010, 04:26
I'll bite. Seems suitable mean. Though I'd agree with the EoTG comment. As a VC player I find Lizards to be my toughest opponent and in 8th the EoTG isn't nearly as scary. I just find that people who it is most potent against tend to be paranoid about it. And killing the skink is "relatively" easy.

Another steg w/ a skink priest(scroll) on foot might be better. But I've only played against Lizards never with them.

Warboss Doink
16-08-2010, 09:56
I play the EoTG with scroll + dawn stone.

I find the 2+ rerollable save awesome and the only thing that really get's you is killing blow/ignore saves.

kaintxu
16-08-2010, 13:08
you should fit in some chameleon skinks to hunt warmaniches, they are great, 2 units seems a must a 2500, so also at 3k 2 o 3 units

Rajhald
16-08-2010, 13:57
I definitely agree with the EoTG, it just isn't as good and there is no need for the extra magic with a slann running around. I much prefer the skink chief on a steg with the spear or with the cloak of feathers and a magic weapon.

I understand the appeal of the 2 Slann list but I honestly think it is needless and there are better ways to spend those points.

As far as I can tell from playing 8th ed the need for Lizardmen is to bring killy to the table. In all my games I've needed something to dish out the damage once the saurus tie them up. Not that saurus can't but I always loose a ton of them.

I have had great success with Kroxigors. And I heavily recommend chameleons for warmachine hunting.

Alltaken
16-08-2010, 18:50
I like waaay better the Skink Chief with the stegadon war spear. Than the EOTG. If you want cheap caddy EOTG is not the way to go.
I'm not too keen on your other steg.

Also I'd take a huge 40 suarus unit. Lore of Life +2 thoughness and these guys never die, I mean never ever. And they mince through anything. I'd give it a try

Gaargod
17-08-2010, 03:23
I'm not sold on the layout of the slann. I assume Death Slann is running around on his own? In which case, carpet makes him a lot more maneuverable (and therefore survivable)

Mind you... points cap. Hey, personally i just don't think double slann really works. Certainly, 2 slann and an engine is way overkill!

vinny t
18-08-2010, 23:25
So how about get rid of the Engine and the extra level, and use those points to get 3 units of 5 Cham Skinks. Then with the extra 145 points add 14 Saurus to the unit of 24.

Slaan BSB with Focused Ruination, Plaque of Tepok, +1 LD Banner and Becalming Cognition (Lore of Life)
Slaan with Higher State of Consciousness, Focused Ruination, and Cupped Hands (Lore of Death)

Skink Priest with Dispel Scroll

36 Saurus with spears and full command
20 Saurus with full command
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers

5 Chameleon Skinks
5 Chameleon Skinks
5 Chameleon Skinks
26 Temple Guard with full command and Huanchi's Totem

Salamander
Salamander
Salamander
Ancient Stegadon

WarhammerNoob4ever
18-08-2010, 23:34
i am also personally not a fan of 2 slann lists.... w 2d6 PD i just find im always ending up short on PD and it forces me to pick spells a lot more carefully than i would like, especially w loremaster on my slann

if you like life, the +1PD, loremaster is a great combo, as it lets u basically 1+1 PD every spell but the last few which really forces ur opponent to debate on how to dispel you with their 1d6 DD

id consider dropping a slann, boostin the skink to be able to cast and no just carry a DS (lore of heaven just aint bad in 8th) and then add a SV or two to boost your SW units, throw some of the ward armours on them and they are quite hard to kill and w a halbred they dish out quite a bit of damage and w I 2 or 3 they might actually kill something before it kills u (heroes w GWs etc)