PDA

View Full Version : Praetorian tanks

Orcboy_Phil
15-08-2010, 01:43
Hello guys, my google fu is not up to scratch it seems. Has there ever been an offical scheme for Praetorian vehicles? if somebody could post a link to a good picture that would be amazing as well.

mrln68
15-08-2010, 04:41
Looked around a good bit through my books...didn't see any "official" type call out for the Praetorians. To be honest - I didn't even see a Praetorian in the same picture as a vehicle...

However the heavy weapons in the IG Collector's Guide are painted blue and what looks like grey/bare metal. They then have red trim. For example on the lascannon - it is in a base grey. The major details are in blue (blast shield, flash suppressor) and minor details are in red (cooling coils, power cell).

Might be something in the White Dwarf magazines from that time period - but I can't remember off the top of my head what year they were released first.

Gen.Steiner
15-08-2010, 08:23
The Praetorians, when released, didn't have vehicles other those present at the Battle of Big Toof River diorama, which were a few Chimeras painted in sand with red trim, e.g. on the muzzle of the multilaser.

Col. Gravis, the master of all things Praetorian, paints his grey. I would suggest that grey, sand, or green would all work well. You want monotone flat colours that suggest order, discipline, and a commitment to victory through numbers.

I have seen Praetorian vehicles painted in red, white and blue, but it looks rubbish.

In other words, no, there is no official scheme for Praetorian vehicles, go crazy!

Col. Tartleton
15-08-2010, 08:37
Brass and wood panel. Like a Hansom with an 88 in the turret.

AndrewGPaul
15-08-2010, 10:46
Presumably like every other Imperial Guard armoured regiment, the official colour scheme will be whichever camo scheme suits the local terrain. That or Codex Grey if they don't get issued suitable paint.

The pestilent 1
15-08-2010, 11:21
Presumably like every other Imperial Guard armoured regiment, the official colour scheme will be whichever camo scheme suits the local terrain. That or Codex Grey if they don't get issued suitable paint.

I son't think the Praetorians know what a camo scheme is though... :p

nedius
15-08-2010, 12:59
In the military era the praetorians represent, uniform colours were not used for camouflage, but for identifying the army/regiment a soldier belonged to. The wagons were painted in a sort of military sky blue.

However, if you'd like to continue the uniform theme, go for a red tank, with trim painted to represent the vehicle's unit/regiment.

Hrw-Amen
15-08-2010, 13:41
I think I've seen some blue ones somewhere, (Can't recall where?) they looked alot better than the red white and blue ones. I'd go for something like that, just because the uniforms are bright it does not mean they would paint everything else the same colour. At the same time though I don;t think I can imagine them being big on camo. They would probably stick with one basic colour apart from squd/regiment ID badges and so on.

Gen.Steiner
15-08-2010, 14:53
I think that a sky blue would look quite nice, too. One option would be to look at battleship colour schemes from the 1890s up to, say, 1920, to see if there are any funky dazzle pattern schemes for your land battleships.

Orcboy_Phil
15-08-2010, 21:45
Thanks for the reply guys, I think I'll go with a Necron abyss maincoat to go along with there trousers.

Quiben
16-08-2010, 06:52
If you want to go all out, you can kit bash up a Fantasy Empire Steam Tank. I think one like below would work out well and make your army stand out.

http://www.ifelix.net/gamingblog/wp-content/lemanrusssteamtank.jpg

wilsonian
16-08-2010, 08:46
Thats a funky looking leman russ :D

Angelwing
16-08-2010, 09:07
A buddy paints his red with white turrets. He has the identification stripes in the same place as GW's.