PDA

View Full Version : Next 8ed faq/errata?

Ellikka
15-08-2010, 02:27
So have any one heard anything about the next faq/errata update? Im still pissed that Ring of Hotec errata says different thing depending on the language it is written in for example.

red_zebra_ve
15-08-2010, 02:34
French are still lagging at v1.0... Alors, ša viens?

RanaldLoec
15-08-2010, 05:31
There's a mailing list to sign upto with a program that sends you an email when GW release any new faqs. It's on a thread some where on Warseer.

It works too.

shakedown47
15-08-2010, 05:38
Unless you frequently play international opponents, why would you care what another language's FAQ says? Seems to me that going by what your language's FAQ says would be completely serviceable.

a18no
16-08-2010, 16:41
Except that french player ALWAYS face at a moment or an other some english people. That's the point.

TheKingInYellow
16-08-2010, 21:27
Except that french player ALWAYS face at a moment or an other some english people. That's the point.

Wut?

That was neither French nor English...

Kampfpanzer
17-08-2010, 06:21

Wut?

Phew, I thought I lost my reading comprehension then. Glad it wasn't just me.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
17-08-2010, 06:40
Wut?

Phew, I thought I lost my reading comprehension then. Glad it wasn't just me.

I read it to myself, and in my head I added an outrageous French accent (think Monty Python French Knights). It makes more sense that way.

I believe they were saying French people are always fighting against the English, which is total bullcrap because the English saved their butts in WWII.

Gorbad Ironclaw
17-08-2010, 06:46
I think it translate into French players always facing it where as it's only the occasional English language speaker because it's a much better item if you speak French than if you speak English.

Lord of Divine Slaughter
17-08-2010, 07:27
I believe they were saying French people are always fighting against the English, which is total bullcrap because the English saved their butts in WWII.

Which is total bullcrap, cause ze germans only lost because of russian winters :evilgrin:

SideshowLucifer
17-08-2010, 14:05
I do think this bodes ill for our living FAQ's. the first two here pretty timely, now I expect we won't see another until a new army book is released and complained about for a couple months.

Fredox
17-08-2010, 14:07
I'd give them at least a month before starting to worry that the updates aren't going to be regular.

yabbadabba
17-08-2010, 14:11
What needs to be FAQ'd anyway? Or is that on another thread?

As to different meanings in different languages, when in Rome and all that.

Aluinn
17-08-2010, 14:14
Hey now let's not start this whole nationalism thing again.

Anyway I'm pretty sure a18no was saying that the FAQs being in different versions was a problem because French players often have games against English speakers, who are probably using v2, whereas the francophones only have v1. However, it should be fairly easy for them in that case to get a translation, if any of those English-speaking players happen to also speak French and would be kind enough.

Satan
17-08-2010, 14:20
What needs to be FAQ'd anyway? Or is that on another thread?

Apparently that you get the Throne of Vines 2+ save against Miscasts.

Zaszz
17-08-2010, 14:27
It would be nice to have an official ruling on Cupped Hands vs Staff of Solidity

Xelloss
17-08-2010, 16:27
I'm French and always use English version as a reference for any rules, because the translation work is sh*tty, and translation errors never get corrected (see : C:SM and Hellfire bolts/rounds translated with the same word... Stergard shooting with Heavy Bolter stats wohooo !)