PDA

View Full Version : 1500 DoC for 8th.

shadowskale
15-08-2010, 13:50
Since daemons are weaker now I thought it was time to post up an army list for 1500points, the focus its combat/magic thus its a Tzeentch/Khorne list.
I'm going for a quick list, hence the use of Bloodcrushers/Furies. the General is the Harald of Khone who will be in the pack of Bloodcrushers for epic slaughter. all help welcome, and more importantly:

Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne!

1x20 Pink horrors of Tzeentch = 283points
Banner of change, Musician

1x24 Bloodletters of Khorne = 330
Full command.

1 Harald of Tzeentch = 140
Master of sorcery

1x3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne = 240
Musician, Standard.

1 Herald of Khorne = 175
Juggernaut of khorne, firestorm blade.

1x20 Chaos Furies = 240

1492 total.

Oseru
16-08-2010, 03:25
1x20 Pink horrors of Tzeentch = 283points
Banner of change, Musician

1x24 Bloodletters of Khorne = 330
Full command.

1 Harald of Tzeentch = 140
Master of sorcery

1x3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne = 240
Musician, Standard.

1 Herald of Khorne = 175
Juggernaut of khorne, firestorm blade.

1x10 Chaos Furies = 120

1x10 Chaos Furies = 120

1492 total.

I'd almost block the furies together as a single unit of 20, for the simple reason that ranks are determined after combat. Having them as a single unit would make them an extremely effective flanking force, especially if you run into an army without template using war machines.

I've only used my 'crushers once with mixed results. They were the nicest looking missile magnet i've ever fielded. I can't remember if i killed a single model with them, but it did get my other units in almost unmolested....

You do have quite a few bodies, which i see as a must in 8th.

Just my opinion.

shadowskale
18-08-2010, 16:28
I'd almost block the furies together as a single unit of 20, for the simple reason that ranks are determined after combat. Having them as a single unit would make them an extremely effective flanking force, especially if you run into an army without template using war machines.

I've only used my 'crushers once with mixed results. They were the nicest looking missile magnet i've ever fielded. I can't remember if i killed a single model with them, but it did get my other units in almost unmolested....

You do have quite a few bodies, which i see as a must in 8th.

Just my opinion.

edited the furies, I was unsure to start with about a big unit or not, so thanks for making my mind up.

Well my herald is in the bloodcrusher unit the idea being to get him to charge in as quickly as I can to avoid him being picked on, I was considering taking the Icon of endless war, so I can add 1D6 to my charge?

and yes I tried to make my list have a lot of units, while keeping the chars cheap. :)