PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Nurgle WoC list

Babbey
15-08-2010, 18:12
Just looking for a bit of feedback on a list I put together for 8th in mind;

Sorcerer Lord; Mark of Nurgle, Level 4, Blood of Tzeentch, Talisman of preservation, charmed shield, Chariot
470pts

Exalted Hero; Mark of Nurgle, BSB, Palanquin, Book of Secrets, Enchanted Shield, Luckstone,Stream of Corruption
260pts

Chaos Sorcerer; Mark of Nurgle,Level two, Conjoined Homunculus, Power Familiar
185pts

31xMarauders(with BSB); Mark of Nurgle, Full Command, Great Weapons;
205pts

34xMarauders(With sorcerer); Mark of Nurgle; Full Command, Great Weapons;
220pts

5xMarauder Horsemen; Flails, Throwing Spears, Musician
86pts

18xChaos Warriors; Mark of Nurgle, Halberds, Shields, Full Command w/ Banner of Rage
401pts

6xTrolls
270pts

6xTrolls
270pts

Warshrine
130pts

Total; 2497

Crits/comments welcome, of course.

I was considering using the trolls in a dual role; hammer units, and screens for the marauder anvils as they advance down the field. If an opponent tries to fire though the trolls at the marauders, they'll be at -3 to hit. If they fire at the trolls, then the trolls get more rolls on the EotG table...a win-win situation.

thesheriff
15-08-2010, 19:00
The second sorcerer is a straight swap for festus. Who, is a lv.2, and gets curse of the leper always.

I would take the mark away from the Sorcerer lord. Lore of shadow, to lower toughness with 'The Withering', and kill them off with curse of the leper. Unless your super dead set on MON, but, shadow and death are both quite nurgly, and you wont be doubling up on spells too badly.

The 2 troll units are a nice touch, very nurgly. I would try or a few games seeing if 3 units of 4 works better. 2x2, they fit snuggly between units for great supproting attacks. 12 attacks, with all the regen bonuses. Or, as you say, screens are a good idea.

Babbey
17-08-2010, 17:41
Did a quick bit of switching points around..

Sorcerer Lord; Mark of Nurgle, Level 4, Conjoined Homunculus, Talisman of preservation, Power Familiar, charmed shield, Chariot
485pts

Exalted Hero; Mark of Nurgle, BSB, Palanquin, Book of Secrets(Lore of Shadows), Enchanted Shield, Luckstone, IronCurse Icon,Stream of Corruption
265pts

Festus;
185pts

31xMarauders; Mark of Nurgle, Full Command, Great Weapons;
205pts

34xMarauders; Mark of Nurgle; Full Command, Great Weapons;
220pts

5xMarauder Horsemen; Flails, throwing spears, Musician
86pts

18xChaos Warriors; Mark of Nurgle, Halberds, Full Command w/ Banner of Rage
383pts

6xTrolls
270pts

6xTrolls
270pts

Warshrine
130pts

Total; 2499

you're totally right on Festus, I don't know why I didn't think of him before, as he even fits the army's theme (nurgle cult of outcasts/lepers/plague survivors within the empire). I *do* want to keep the nurgle theme fairly strong, and I'm a fan of the Lore of Nurgle, so I think I'm going to keep the Sorcerer Lord marked. I ended up dropping the shields on the warriors in order to fit in a power familiar again(and switched to homunculus to do so, as well), as I think they are worth their weight in gold when you're randomly generating power dice. Also managed to squeeze in the ironcurse icon the the BSB.

Thanks for the advice on the trolls. I'll be switching them between 2 units of 6 or 3 units of 4, depending.