PDA

View Full Version : Savage Orc Army - Black Orcs in Bone Armor - Conversion...

GFulls
16-08-2010, 00:27
I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to possibly make a Black Orc unit converted to look like it is wearing bone armor?

I am planning to make a Savage Orc Army when the new models come out and just had an idea for this type of Black Orc unit.

More of a fluff idea, but any thoughts would be helpful.

gork or maybe mork
16-08-2010, 21:32
Problem is that the black orc armour is sculpted on, and even if you removed it you'd just have to resculpt pretty much the whole model. Even if you're a good enough sculptor (I know i'm not) then you'd be better served just sculpting bone armour onto plastic orc boys.

There's a picture of a giant with bone like armour in the rulebook made from stegadon hide and tusks and a few beastmen pieces. Although it would obviously be impractical to use such components on the much smaller orcs, it could give you some ideas.

Devil-Tears
16-08-2010, 22:03
Buy skeletons and perform surgery :P

Korthos the all-seeing
19-08-2010, 22:58
let me think... skulls from gobbos, beastmen and such, and put it on their heads! Use orc heads without helmets then, temple guard jaws, skulls in their belts, make stitches in the armours, make them look like leather. Is there any bare orc feet somewhere in plastic?

Oglog
20-08-2010, 08:59
I'm pretty sure then before christmas, with the new O&G army book, savage orcs will be one of the new plastic kits, might be easier to wait until then.

Leogun_91
20-08-2010, 14:16
More of a fluff idea, but any thoughts would be helpful.There is a kingdom in Brettonia where the Iron orcs live. They are orcs with metal bashed into their skin rather then wearing armour. They look much like blackorcs but are much more savage, they are described in Knights of the Grail.

Bone armour works too I quess and then Korthos suggestions works well.

Malorian
20-08-2010, 14:25
Remember that even though the current black orc models are comlpetely covered in armor that all they really have is heavy armor.

Who knows what the new savage orcs will look like, but I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard to convert them to have heavy armor and thus be black (savage) orcs.