PDA

View Full Version : What if the Tyranids ate Macragge?

DarthMcBob
16-08-2010, 03:33
I am just wondering what you guys think would happen if the Tyranids returned to Macragge and won this time. That would mean that they gobbled up Robert Guilleman. Would we soon be seeing Tyranid primarchs? What could such an epic unit be named? What would it look like? How easily would the armies of the Tyranids sweep over the Imperium with a practically unlimited supply of primarchs to use? Tell me what you think.

wolf40k
16-08-2010, 03:41
My guess is that GW would start using the imperial fists as their basic codex chapter.:)

Story wise I don't think they would have unlimited Primarch-nids running around, after all, they don't have just an army of bio-titans running around, their would probably be some sort of limit on how many they could produce.

Besides the Raveners are the space marine variant of the nids, so wouldn't the trygon be close to what a primarch would be?

Son of Sanguinius
16-08-2010, 03:47
To be honest, I don't think they'd get much new. Primarchs are based off a human template, which they already had, and personally I see the Tyranids as superior genetic artisans to the Emperor. Supposedly there is something special in the creation of the Primarchs that made the creation of more of them impossible.

Also, I don't think the Ultramarines would ever let the Tyranids get their teeth on Guilleman. If the Chapter survives the invasion, Guilleman would be amongst the first things evacuated. In the direst of circumstances, they would destroy his body and send him to the Emperor rather than let him be consumed by xenos.

However, I will admit that the thought of Guilleman as a Sarah Kerrigan-esque character is pretty awesome.

Hellebore
16-08-2010, 03:54
To be honest, I don't think they'd get much new. Primarchs are based off a human template, which they already had, and personally I see the Tyranids as superior genetic artisans to the Emperor. Supposedly there is something special in the creation of the Primarchs that made the creation of more of them impossible.

If the souls of the primarchs were constructed from parts of the emperor's own soul gestalt then parhaps he just ran out of souls to palm out, or any more would compromise his awesomeness(TM). It would explain why he never showed the kind of power he supposedly had and why the primarchs channeled so much warp energy through themselves.

Not sure if having the horus heresy devolve into a dispute between the multiple personalities of an ubermensch is a good thing or not though...

Hellebore

DarthMcBob
16-08-2010, 03:55
My guess is that GW would start using the imperial fists as their basic codex chapter.:)

Story wise I don't think they would have unlimited Primarch-nids running around, after all, they don't have just an army of bio-titans running around, their would probably be some sort of limit on how many they could produce.

Besides the Raveners are the space marine variant of the nids, so wouldn't the trygon be close to what a primarch would be?

Not really. They don't have all bio-titans running around due to limitations on the time, bio-mass, and storage space they take up. They take a while to grow compared to alternatives and take up a lot more bio-mass. Also, their mobility and use are limited in areas such as mountains. Also, their current combined arms tactics work well enough. Why stop?

No. For starters, I've never heard anything about Raveners being made from Space Marine DNA. Are you sure you're not thinking of a Tyrant Guard? Also, primarchs are to Space Marines what Space Marines are to normal men. With it's huge supply of biomass (12 galaxies worth, according to the rule book) there would be very few limits on how many they could grow if the Hive Mind felt they were needed. While I would agree that they would be leader beasts, these thing would probably easily outdo the any Hive Tyrant, including the Swarmlord, on every level.

wolf40k
16-08-2010, 04:01
No. For starters, I've never heard anything about Raveners being made from Space Marine DNA. Are you sure you're not thinking of a Tyrant Guard?

Possibly, its been a long time since I read a Tyrinid book.:shifty:

TheShadowCow
16-08-2010, 06:08
Tyrant Guard weren't 'made from' Space Marine DNA either - the Tyranids consumed Space Marines and, as they do with all life, they had a look att what they were eating and noted any useful traits that they might like to borrow/adapt/improve upon within themselves. Space Marines are hardy beasts, with fused rib cages etc, and so the Hive Mind copied/improved upon that (amongst other things).

Clanrat
16-08-2010, 08:16
personally, the biggest winners if magcragge had been eaten would be the Eldar.......who`d still have the majority of their Avatars around.......

Iuris
16-08-2010, 08:42
personally, the biggest winners if magcragge had been eaten would be the Eldar.......who`d still have the majority of their Avatars around.......

Ghrumpfh... snicker... laugh...LOL!

For once the Avatar's lament ha produced a really funny moment :) Thanks, Clanrat, that one brightened the day :)

Necron Lord Omega
16-08-2010, 15:27
The Necrons would not allow this to happen. After all the Nightbringer would'nt want the key to his Uber Starship of Death to get eaten by some random bug. :chrome:

Tak
16-08-2010, 16:04
Would we soon be seeing Tyranid primarchs? What could such an epic unit be named?

Err...The Swarmlord?:)

ctsteel
16-08-2010, 21:13
The hive mind would have a powerful urge from then on to organise its chittering hordes into properly managed, fixed size units, with no more than a certain number of gaunts allowed to exist at any one time. Hive Tyrants would have to sign requisitions for carnifex weapon symbiotes and manage their brood's gene-budget.

Son of Sanguinius
16-08-2010, 21:19
The hive mind would have a powerful urge from then on to organise its chittering hordes into properly managed, fixed size units, with no more than a certain number of gaunts allowed to exist at any one time. Hive Tyrants would have to sign requisitions for carnifex weapon symbiotes and manage their brood's gene-budget.

Sounds more like they ate the Vogons than the Ultramarines. ;)