PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Champions

DarthMcBob
16-08-2010, 06:53
OK, I'm really just looking for you guys' opinions here. Let's say that, as part of the Great Game, the Chaos Gods decide to have their champions fight it out. Kharn, Lucius, Typhus, and Ahriman are dumped together on a planet completely lifeless except for them (there is air to breath, because the Gods make it so) they are all mentally told the simple rules: no alliances of any kind, last man living wins, no one will get revived by their god, they can only use the powers and weapons they've got on hand, and no calling for backup of any kind (including daemons). Who do you think wins and why?

ashc
16-08-2010, 07:41
Kharn. Kharn always wins. :p Although actually, I still say Kharn even from a more reasonable view. Khorne has him protected from pretty much all of Typhus' and Ahriman's parlour tricks, and then he only has to face down Lucius man-to-man... and personally I think Kharn would have him. No revival means he isn't going to become Kharn either, bwahaha!

Drakcore Bloodtear
16-08-2010, 13:02
IMO Lucius would own Kharn anyday
That is until Lucius see's how much of a swell guy Kharn is and lets him win.

The_Blind_Anarchist
16-08-2010, 13:12
Wheres Abaddon? He is a chaos champion... But yea Kharn, his armour and gifts from Khorne will protect him from Ahrimans parlour tricks and from Nurgles too most likely. Lucius is a great swords man yes but Kharn would butcher him, he took a beating from his Primarch and survived, some fancy sisy boy wont stand a chance.

Tak
16-08-2010, 13:15
My money would go on Ahriman. I mean, sure, if Kharn got his greasy paws on him then Ahriman would get owned pretty convincingly but there is more than one way to skin a Khorne champion and this is how he could do it:
when Kharn, or any of the other champions got to within a reasonable distance of him Ahriman could bombard them with huge lumps of rock or anything else of a decent weight and mass in order to render the poor sod on the business end of Ahrimans mind fit insensible.

Yes, I know kharn is immune to psychic powers but he wouldn't be immune to ten tons of rock smashing into his kisser at an unhealthy rate of knots now would he?

Yep, my money goes on Ahriman unless Kharn found a way to sneek up on him without him knowing but since he is a raging, frothing mad man who is preceded by a cloud of spittle that issues from his gob on account of him having a rather unfortunate habit of barreling aimlessy forward, swinging his axe all over the place in a random but deadly like fashion and roaring "BLOOD, BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" at anyone who cares to listen then I think that would be pretty unlikely.

RunepriestRidcully
16-08-2010, 13:33
Ahriman, he would stand back/hide using psychic powers whilst the others slugged it out, Lucius would die first, sorry but the pretty boy is not that good without his Orichimaru "I shall take your body" trick, Kharn and Typhus, tricky, could go either way, whilst psychic powers don't effect Kharn, I am sure a big Scyth to the face would still hurt him, and then Ahriman blasts/throes rocks at/turns into a frog/ stab with his staff whoever survives. So yeah, Ahriman would win.

Merus
16-08-2010, 16:21
Lucius would die first, sorry but the pretty boy is not that good without his Orichimaru "I shall take your body" trick,

This isn't true. If you read the Heresy novels, or Fulgrim, you'd have seen that Lucius is an absolutely terrifying swordsman. He doesn't have the proper rules to represent him in the Chaos codex, or a legion of fan-boys screaming his name like Kharn does; but Lucius is by no means the weakest link in this fight.

My money is on Lucius.

Son of Sanguinius
16-08-2010, 17:44
On the assumption that they pair off against the champions of their god's hated rival, Ahriman will slaughter Typhus and Lucius will probably kill Kharn in a very close match. Ahriman can pretty much be guaranteed immunity from Typhus' main weapon, which is his warp-plague, and Ahriman is a superior sorcerer. Typhus is a better fighter, but hand to hand won't get you much if Ahriman drops you into the warp. Lucius and Kharn is a fantastic hand to hand match, and Lucius will likely win because he'll have the edge in speed. Ahriman will then beat Lucius, for the same reasons he beat Typhus. Ironically, Kharn would have been the one to beat Ahriman because of his increased resistance to sorcery.

In the game, Ahriman would lose to all of them, but in the background, Ahriman is a master of powers that reshape reality. No fancy swordplay can overcome that.

Lupe
16-08-2010, 17:47
Well, Lucius would be the clear winner either way. Fantastically skilled, and easily as efficient a killer as Kharn, he also happens to be cold as the extragalactic void. Where Kharn's greatest weapon is the unnerving effect of his furious charge that stops most foes in their tracks, Lucius would be the one person ever to be immune to it. Not only would he not be paralyzed with fear, he would actually take pleasure in narrowly escaping death, going so far as to wait until the very last possible instant to deflect Kharn's flurry. Skill for skill, Lucius would win, because he has both the killer instinct and the finesse needed to survive.

Typhus would be a tougher nut to crack, but far less of a threat. The slow, cumbersome swings of the manreaper wouldn't even impress Lucius. He might even take pity on Typhus. Sure, Terminator armour is resilient, but a power blade can cut through it if someone manages to get close enough. All the more so when the man wielding the power sword is a formidable swordsman, expert in finding weaknesses in his opponent's defenses.

Ahriman might be a little unfair, since... well, Thousand Sons are particularly fond of their Inferno bolts that they like to use at every opportunity. Lucius would find himself bringing a knife to a gunfight. Still, he's not exactly a fool, and has been known to display some skill in subterfuge and sneak attacks. Provided he can either get the jump on Ahriman, or close in the distance under fire, it should be resolved quickly. A few swings of the sword later, Ahriman's bloody corpse would be littering the landscape...

DeSnifter
16-08-2010, 18:21
I'm pretty sure the Imperium wins because 3 of the most dangerous chaos champions just got killed...

Jerrus
16-08-2010, 21:59
I think that in a 1-on-1 Khârn will best any of them, but not without suffering any damage. In a free-for-all Khârn will most likely fall to attrition, and Typhus or Ahriman stand the best chance of winning by avoiding Khârn and then mopping up whatever is left.
Lucius would probably challenge Khârn for kicks. He might be able to hold his own against Khârn, but he won't stand much of a chance after that.

mob16151
17-08-2010, 02:01
Cypher shows up and pwns them all. Sorry had to do it.

spetswalshe
17-08-2010, 02:14
Not only would he not be paralyzed with fear, he would actually take pleasure in narrowly escaping death, going so far as to wait until the very last possible instant to deflect Kharn's flurry.

I could see this being his downfall; he drags out the fight far longer than it needed to be, refusing to deliver the coup de grace to feed his ego and further humiliate Kharn by beating him at his own game, several times - then takes it a little too far, underestimates his opponent and finds himself throatless. Kharn, of course, would be in a sorry state by this point and would doubtless get shot to death by whoever happened upon him next.

In reality, of course, Kharn and Lucius are very evenly matched, apart from two things; Kharn has almost no self-control in terms of anger, while Lucius clearly does (one point to Lucius) - and Lucius actually enjoys dying, to the point where he looks forward to it, and may give up where Kharn would fight on (one point to Kharn). Even if he didn't face Lucius, though, I would expect Kharn to die fairly quickly; he's a simple and obvious threat that cannot be controlled or allied with (clue is in the name).

Since no one else will champion poor Typhus, I'll give it a go. He is no slouch when it comes to psychic sorcery - not matching Ahriman, but still a serious threat, while his dedication to Nurgle is easily as good proof against the warping influence of change as anyone else's claim - and in close combat, he would absolutely batter him. He's nowhere near as slow as he looks, and the Manreaper is an immensely powerful weapon. The Destroyer Hive would given even Lucius pause for thought (it's no good being a better swordsman when your eyes are filled with pus), and I see no reason why the various Champions (apart from Ahriman, the cheat) would be unable to succumb to his various squelchy plagues. Best of all, when he comes across a weakened survivor of the Lucius vs. Kharn title fight - he can up and infect them, turning them into a plague zombie. Two on one for Ahriman - how's that for change, punk?

LexxBomb
17-08-2010, 11:12
didn't we see Lucius and Kharn spar in Fulgrim... who won that fight?

Lupe
17-08-2010, 15:59
- and Lucius actually enjoys dying, to the point where he looks forward to it, and may give up where Kharn would fight on (one point to Kharn).

I think Lucius loves winning more than he loves the rush he gets from being gored by a chainaxe :) The outcome of a one-on-one between Kharn and Lucius roughly depends on whether I got the above statement right or not...

Son of Sanguinius
17-08-2010, 19:08
didn't we see Lucius and Kharn spar in Fulgrim... who won that fight?

No, Kharn was not in the novel Fulgrim.

Merus
17-08-2010, 22:52
I think Lucius loves winning more than he loves the rush he gets from being gored by a chainaxe :) The outcome of a one-on-one between Kharn and Lucius roughly depends on whether I got the above statement right or not...

I agree completely, Lupe.

I believe that for Lucius; the pride that would come with having bested Kharn (a fantastically skilled warrior and champion of a rival power) would overcome his desire to see what a chain-axe in the mouth feels like.

I'd put more faith in Ahriman, but we all know that psykers / casters in fluff all suffer from being unable to pierce the plot-armor of melee oriented characters.

ashendant
18-08-2010, 00:11
no love for Typhus in this thread:p

Considering that he's the hive of the destroyer plague, Nurgle most powered plague

The battle could descend to:
Run and infect with flies
???
Victory by chest bursting

Heck he didn't need to survive he just needed to infect the winner.