20 Black Guard - FC, Banner of HG

Hydra
Hydra
Hydra
Hydra

Best "FU" list I can think of.

amade0
16-08-2010, 11:01
why not give all those crossbows shields and a muso n put em as a horde with l.armour hand weapons n shields?

chivalrous
16-08-2010, 11:34
The total cost seems a bit strange; 2850 if I remember all the points correctly.
Were you aiming at a specific points cost?
780 points of core (remember the Harpies don't count toward minimum core percentage) would give you a 3120 point army. 700 points of Hydras, if maxing out on rare choices would allow an army of 2800 points (ETA:but since you've got 4 it must be a 3000+ point army).

Anyway, whichever points level you're aiming for, horde armies are going to obliterate your cavalry and infantry and at that level, you can bet that there'll either be a lot of artillery to blow away your Hydras or a lot more magic than you're fielding.

Hydras may be nasty once they get into combat, but they've got to get there first.

Malladorin
16-08-2010, 11:53
I was under the impression it was two of any rare choice normally, with 1 extra at 3k. Is that accurate?

Edit: My mistake, haven't looked at the rulebook as closely as I'd thought :)

chivalrous
16-08-2010, 12:04
I was under the impression it was two of any rare choice normally, with 1 extra at 3k. Is that accurate?

IT's a maximum of 2 duplicate rare choices, with a maximum of 4 in a Grand Army (3000+ points)

Pravus
16-08-2010, 12:49
Am I the only person with a bit of sick in my mouth? Honestly though, If I was going to a 3K tournament I'd be tempted to wheel that out.

Citadel97501
16-08-2010, 15:34
I personally would drop the cold ones, add in more Crossbow men, and give them all shields, and drop the dark riders for another 2 units of harpies, because if 30 of them can't handle their war machines you have some serious problems. . .

The 4 hydra list is good, but remember their job is support, you use them to flank charge a unit that has charged one of your crossbow units. . .

chivalrous
16-08-2010, 16:26
I personally would drop the cold ones, add in more Crossbow men, and give them all shields, and drop the dark riders for another 2 units of harpies, because if 30 of them can't handle their war machines you have some serious problems. . .

The 4 hydra list is good, but remember their job is support, you use them to flank charge a unit that has charged one of your crossbow units. . .

Remember that Harpies don't count towards minimum core cost.
Loosing the Dark Rider units (-234 points) and gaining 13 more crossbowmen (130 points) and shields for all crossbowmen (43 points) would reduce the core cost to 719 points. In order to be legal, a 3000 point army must have 750 points of core choices.

That said, if my original calculations are correct and the original list only comes to 2850 points, then Pergatos can easily loose the Cold One Knights, gain a unit of Crossbowmen, give all crossbowmen shields and still have enough points left for a unit of 10 Harpies.