PDA

View Full Version : Dark elves 2,250pts. Help wanted!

Shas'o Brightsword
16-08-2010, 11:31
All comments appreciated! New dark elf player here. Picked this army to be good in all phases. wish i could of fit in a bolt thrower. thanks to any help! or thoughts!

Supreme Sorceress=310 pts
lvl 4
sac dagger
dispel scroll

Sorceress=150 pts
lvl 2
tome of furion

Master= 210 pts
lance
heavy armour
shield
cold one
bsb
hydra banner

x2 25warriors= 190pts per unit
fc
all shield

x2 20 crossbow men= 240pts per unit
fc
all shield

6 Shades= 102 pts.
add hand weapon

25 executioners=330 pts.
FC

5 Cold one knights=135 pts
Dread knight

total= 2,249 pts.

thanks for reading.

Shas'o Brightsword
17-08-2010, 02:54
Help me please

LanceSaba
17-08-2010, 04:16
you can't take both a scroll and the dagger as it is only one arcane item to any person and there can be no duplicates in an army, meaning only one scroll.
so give er the pearl and combined to two warrior block to help with the panic checks.

you don't need any champions in your units short of protecting your sorceress.

give your master a sea dragon cloak.

so see what you can do with those spare points.

tmarichards
17-08-2010, 12:16
You need to decide what Lores you're using. My usual advie is Death on the level 4 and Metal o the Level 2. I'd also drop the Tome and give your level 2 a dsipel scroll.

The knight unit needs to go up to 6 models, with full command. At the moment, your champion and BSB aren't getting a Look Out, Sir! save in there. I'd also recommend giving them the flaming banner.

The xbow units don't need champions.

A Cauldron BSB will give you a much better rate of return than your current BSB.

Shoulds could do with being a bit bigger, 7-10 models is IMO now the optimal size rather than the 6-8 of 7th.

I still maintain that without a Hag BSB with the ASF banner, Executioners are just easy points for anyone that turns up with a modicum of shooting. Especially when you look at what the same amount of points of Black Guard could do with the Banner of Murder.

A hydra is always a good choice.

Philip Bright
17-08-2010, 13:04
when I summed it up at 2097 points and it make sense since you don't have much units at all.

for the remaining I recommend a Hydra and more CoK in the hammer unit or a CoC with some minor edits...

Also I like to take a dispel scroll and the black amulet on my lv4 sorceress.

Shas'o Brightsword
17-08-2010, 23:59
hmm yeah i am adding a chariot and a bolt thrower thanks guys!

Shas'o Brightsword
19-08-2010, 20:13
Edited list.

Supreme Sorceress total= 295 pts.
Lvl 4
Pendant of khaeleth

Sorceress total=135pts
lvl 2

Master total=146 pts.
lance
heavy armour
cold one
BSB
hydra banner
shield

Assassin total=146pts.
man bane
Rune of khaine

30 warriors total= 225pts.
full command
all shields

30 warriors total= 219pts.
musician,standard
all shields

x2 20 repeater crossbow men Total=235pts.
musician,standard
all shields

6 shades total=99pts.
3 additional hand weapons

9 cold one knights total=251 pts.
musician

Reaper bolt thrower total=100 pts.

Cold one chariot total=100 pts.

TOTAL= 2,250

thoughts?

tmarichards
19-08-2010, 21:41
I'd go with a dispel scroll on the level 2.

You also haven't specified what Lore you'll be using. I still recommend Death on the level 4 and Metal on the level 2.

In my opinion a hydra would be better than the single Reaper and/or chariot, but the Reaper should go first.

The shades don't quite add up right, 6 with additional hand weapons should be 102pts.

Everything else, as above.

LanceSaba
20-08-2010, 04:32
I agree with tmarichards but I feel that COC are pretty good in their own right and are a pretty nice choice as they great synergy with your foot slogers. so drop the bolt thrower for an other chariot. also as great as hydras are they took a slight hit in the increased amounts of flaming attacks. every monster hunter unit will carry the flaming banner to take out your hydra, or an abomination as the island of blood set is coming out so you will see a lot of skaven around.

also throw on an extra hand weapon on your assassin as he always will enjoy it.

Shas'o Brightsword
20-08-2010, 11:34
hmm i like the idea of two chariots but they dont make model anymore i only own one, but i really do like my bolt thrower though. and yeah assassin i agree.

Fingol23
20-08-2010, 11:47
The entire unit must have additional hand weapons if you take them.

I would either add ten men to each spearmen unit to make them both hordes or combine them for a unit of about 50 and drop the rest to give yourself more points. If you go for a single horde I would really recomend the Banner of Cold Blood.

I might also be tempted to change the assasin to touch of death, rune of khaine, black lotus and additional hand weapon, slightly pricier but he will do much better against characters than his current incarnation.

Finally if you go for one horde of spearmen I might suggest using some of the extra points for a pegasus for your level two in which case i would suggest dark magic as it is comparitivly easy to cast and soul stealer can boost her wounds to 6 while blade wind is ideal against war machines.

LanceSaba
20-08-2010, 13:14
what is with all these people so fascinated by hordes? Don't get me wrong they look nice on paper but they are a massive unit, vary hard to maneuver with the extra terrain, wave a big sign that has a bulls eye drawn on it, and are only str 3. i would rather pay for some witch elves or corsairs which get nearly the same attack out put from a much smaller unit; 40 spears get 41 attacks and 14 corsairs with frenzy get 29, you pay 295 for the spears and 190 for the corsairs. You are paying about ten points for an additional attack not to mention corsairs are more survivable with their cloaks and they run down units better.

I know the bolt throwers is cool and all (I have 2 myself) but like many many others have stated they took a sever nosedive this addition. also you can make two chariots for $75. two high elf chariots and a box of COK. some spear tips for scything wheels, a crossbowman and warrior or what ever two guys you want. now you can either go get real chain for it (looks awesome) or use the rope arms they provide.

Fingol23 assassin is the general consensus on our assassin load out to kill characters. we also have the rending star manbane combo and combined with a shadow sorceress it could be a lot of fun.

for the sorceresses i would do death on the lvl 4 and give her a peg and metal for the lvl 2 as DEs everywhere have problems popping armor. their items are up to you I personally like the pearl dagger combo still and PoK (great for cannon balls and miscasts) vs the talisman of preservation (good for spells without a str value aka other death mages) is still a toss up.

I am sure you have read it but to reiterate, you can't pick and choose weapon combos for our guys so everyone has to have the same load out meaning that all your shades need additional hand weapons if you decide to take them

Fingol23
20-08-2010, 13:41
Having used hordes quite a lot I actually find the spearmen horde to be very good value simply for locking a unit in place, hence the Banner of Cold Blood. Add to that the fact that they will do some damage with that amount of attacks and for 310 points they are a bargain.

Of course they normally don't deliever the killing blow themselves but the cold one knights and to some extent the chariot can already do that in the list and the spearmen horde is great for locking the enemy in place untill that happens. Additionally if only one horde were taken then the excess poitns could pay for a reasonable flanking unit of witches/corsairs/execs

LanceSaba
20-08-2010, 13:55
Fine the horde units can be ok if the terrain is good for it. personally though I like a block of 30 with 14 corsairs/WE flanking that way I get the best of both worlds =) oh and I bring a CoB so let blood be spilled in the name of khaine.

Shas'o Brightsword
20-08-2010, 21:27
Hmmm i am done editing my list. i like where it is now. thanks for thoughts though. and goal of my assassin is just to slaughter guys and rack up kills, i like the idea of that. so i will see how it goes thanks for the help!