PDA

View Full Version : 3000 point skaven help

theherooftimesl
16-08-2010, 16:09
hey im about to start skaven again used to do them years ago but stopped playing fantasy so fell out of it my plan for a 3000pt list is as follows please bear in mind points are only rough and im not 100% settled on the items.

Any input would be appreciated...

grey seer W / screaming bell, power scroll, skalm, and the re-roll miscast wand

plague priest W/ flail,furnace and dispel scroll

BSB W/ war banner and halberd

40 plague monks W/ full command and plague banner (for furnace)

40 stormvermin W/standard,musician and storm banner (for screaming bell)

2 X 25 clanrats W/ shields,standard,musician and poison wind mortar

2 X 25 clanrats W/ shields, spears,standard, musician and poison wind mortar

2 X 5 gutter runners

either 2 X10 poison wind globadiers or 10 globadiers and 10 plague censers

hellpit abomination

doomwheel

it come to around 3000 with a few tweaks here and there on items etc...
What do you guys think?

DisasterMaster
16-08-2010, 20:58
Not much to say, list looks good. Spears don't add much no non-horde clanrats, probably just keep shields. Poisined globers now have extra minuses to hit now, I do belive, but you could add on another PWM to them or give the champ a death globe :). Also censer bearers are tricky to use, as they will either attack last or die to step up. I am usually inclined to protect my general, as if he dies the rest of your army's LD drops drastically. Looks like you are going to try and IF the 13th spell, which is a tactic I don't really like. I also find poison on the gutter runners to be well worth it, even if it is costly

theherooftimesl
16-08-2010, 22:00
Not much to say, list looks good. Spears don't add much no non-horde clanrats, probably just keep shields. Poisined globers now have extra minuses to hit now, I do belive, but you could add on another PWM to them or give the champ a death globe :). Also censer bearers are tricky to use, as they will either attack last or die to step up. I am usually inclined to protect my general, as if he dies the rest of your army's LD drops drastically. Looks like you are going to try and IF the 13th spell, which is a tactic I don't really like. I also find poison on the gutter runners to be well worth it, even if it is costly

spears on the clanrats is purely as i'll have the models from isle of blood, and as for the 13th spellno im not THAT mean....it's more for the chance to get wither off (assuming i get the spell) at the pivotal point...pretty sure poison wind globadiers aren't minus to hit unless shooting at skirmishers as they are thrown weapons.

so you recommend the 2 globadiers instead of plague censers and use the spare points for the gutters poison?

Tower_Of_The_Stars
16-08-2010, 23:37
grey seer W / screaming bell, power scroll, skalm, and the re-roll miscast wand

Isn't this set up illegal since power scroll and earthing rod are both arcane items? With this in mind, giving your grey seer a power scroll is obviously something you will have to weigh up carefully since over half the results on the miscast table will result in a lot of dead, relatively expensive, Stormvermin.

This issue aside, I think the lists looks solid. I would suggest mixing up my weapon teams for some versatility and including some units of slaves.

theherooftimesl
17-08-2010, 00:05
Isn't this set up illegal since power scroll and earthing rod are both arcane items? With this in mind, giving your grey seer a power scroll is obviously something you will have to weigh up carefully since over half the results on the miscast table will result in a lot of dead, relatively expensive, Stormvermin.

This issue aside, I think the lists looks solid. I would suggest mixing up my weapon teams for some versatility and including some units of slaves.

it may well be yeah if they are both arcane didnt realise was just trying to get a rough idea and my friend is borrowing my rulebook, as for the weapon teams i had considered 2 warp fire throwers and 2 mortars, and i do love the ratling gun...but the only thing that puts me off the others beside the mortars is the move or fire limitation.

and why slaves? they seemed really good last edition but i get the impression that unless you horde them up in huge units of 40-50 aren't just going to get overrun in one round of combat?

Tower_Of_The_Stars
17-08-2010, 00:28
I agree, the move or fire limitation is very... limiting. After further thought I am leaning towards poisoned wind mortars as well, since, in addition to them being able to move and fire they also can use their parent units line of sight if within three inches of it and benefit from the new 8th edition rule of pre measuring.

With regards to Slaves, they are a very cheap unit that can benefit from Steadfast whilst taking away the enemy's Steadfast if fielded 5 across in large enough numbers.

theherooftimesl
17-08-2010, 00:34
I agree, the move or fire limitation is very... limiting. After further thought I am leaning towards poisoned wind mortars as well, since, in addition to them being able to move and fire they also can use their parent units line of sight if within three inches of it and benefit from the new 8th edition rule of pre measuring.

With regards to Slaves, they are a very cheap unit that can benefit from Steadfast whilst taking away the enemy's Steadfast if fielded 5 across in large enough numbers.

that is true had forgotten about steadfast hmmm....They would need to be near my general or could buy a couple of bare bones chiefs or warlocks to lead them?
What your impressions on rat ogres seeing as im going to have 4 of them from 2 isle of blood sets?

on a side note had a proxy game with a friend playing as lizards and took a power scroll grey seer and turned my opponents slann into a clanrat!! (since in the new rules they are unit type infanry!!!????!!!) I felt really bad about it so wont be doing again.

Tordeck
17-08-2010, 03:12
only engineers and seers can have warpstone

theherooftimesl
17-08-2010, 06:53

what does this have to do with anything???

Olyphant
17-08-2010, 07:13
I would probably drop the censer bearers just for some poisoned sling gutter runners, just in case you face cannons

Tordeck
17-08-2010, 16:30

what does this have to do with anything???
I was tired and posted in the wrong thread