PDA

View Full Version : What do people prefer - Blood Claws or Grey Hunters?

sigur
17-08-2010, 10:52
Just trying to get an overview which unit generally is the preferred weapon of choice for Space Wolves. Tactically, visually, fluffwise, just overall. Thanks for voting. :)

ashc
17-08-2010, 10:55
The winner will be Grey Hunters by a long shot I would imagine. They should never have been costed at the same price as one another in the codex.

AstartesWarMachine
17-08-2010, 11:00
Blood Claws are favored for Land Raider squads, as you can put 15 of them in an LRC with an IC. They are a great offensive unit, but Grey Hunters do EVERYTHING well and it's hard to argue with that. Also Blood Claws pretty much need a Wolf Guard, whereas GH do pretty well without one if you can stand Ld8.

Farseer Dave
17-08-2010, 11:01
In my competitive space wolf army , grey hunters are hands down superior to blood claws.
grey hunters bring great tactical flexibility , hop out of a rhino , double tap into the enemy unit , and now they either have to charge the grey hunters (not great due to counterattack) or face a charge next turn.

Grey hunters also get the wolf standard , rerolling half your failed saves , and a third of your failed hits/wounds vs ws 4 / t4 enemys is pretty huge. It Bassically turns an other wise tight CC into a space wolf victory.

Farseer Dave.

Simo429
17-08-2010, 11:26
15 blood claws spilling out of a crusader with a wolf priest is damn hard to stop

Reflex
17-08-2010, 11:52
Depends... For horde wolves, packs of huge claw packs in raiders works pretty well. But for normal/other wolf armies grey hunters all the way...

Souleater
17-08-2010, 12:21
Grey Hunters are the best Troops in the game.

AFnord
17-08-2010, 12:35
I have to agree with the people who say that grey hunters are better, but I do find blood claws to be underrated. They are still quite good, the only thing they really suffer from is being in the same army as grey hunters.

LonelyPath
17-08-2010, 13:05
Compared to Hunters, Claws real alot wanting, the same cost for a WS3 BS3 models is a bit of a joke. While 15 with a character piling out of a LRC can be impressive, it's alot of eggs in 1 basket and a lucky shot is all it takes to ruin their day. Personally I find Hunters to be far superior for the points and more versatile wit their higher BS stat.