PDA

View Full Version : 3k Beasts

Malladorin
17-08-2010, 10:20
A speculative list, just curious what people think of it's viability. Haven't sorted items yet, so I'll just give the bare bones. Any tweaks or suggestions would be welcome. I'm very fond of monstrous infantry in general, so i've tried to pack a decent amount of minos in whilst keeping a good number of core troops. The ambushing might be misguided; let me know!

Doombull
Great Bray Shaman, level 4

Gorebull, BSB
Bray Shaman, level 2

30 Gor
2 x 15 Gor (ambushing)
30 Ungor
1 Tusk Chariot

2 x 5 Minos AHW

20 Bestigor
20 Beatigor (ambushing)

Odlox
17-08-2010, 11:06
Yes, the ambushing is misguided. You need one unit on the table for each ambushing unit (this must be the same unit type). So only one unit of 15 gors can ambush when you have only one unit of gors on the table. I would suggest to either:

Change one unit of 15 gors to ungors (must be less then 30), and let them ambush.

Drop one unit of 15 gors, and make the ambushing unit 20 strong, the 30 gors to 35 and the rest in more ungors.

Also, bestigors can not ambush :(

I would make one unit of 30 bestigors (and drop the other group), and use the point from the last 10 bestigors into more minos/upgrades.

Malladorin
17-08-2010, 11:11
Ahh, knew it was same type, but hadn't realised is one one for each one. I'll reconsider; big shame that bestigors can't ambush, but I'll figure something out :)

Malladorin
17-08-2010, 11:44
Had a rethink and the list is now:

Great Bray Shaman, level 4

Gorebull Bsb
Bray Shaman, level 2

35 Gor
25 Gor (ambush)
30 Ungor
20 Ungor (ambush)

5 Minos, AHW, Command
6 Minos, AHW, Command

25 Bestigor, command
Ghorgon

Figure the Ghorgon will add a little more difficulty to the opponents target selection, meaning my Minos/bestigor should get a better shot at them.

Malladorin
21-08-2010, 17:57
How do razorgore perform; are they worth the points? I'm consider converting some from the Orc boar boyz (the model is hideous and expensive).

lcfr
21-08-2010, 20:24
How do razorgore perform; are they worth the points? I'm consider converting some from the Orc boar boyz (the model is hideous and expensive).

Razorgors are just absolutely stellar...I run them on a flank within the General's LD9 bubble (they're awfully skittish) in two pairs of two. They're excellent for drawing away missile fire, redirecting enemy troops, taking out light missile units and warmachines, and giving flank support to the General's unit. The T5 means they can survive a round of shooting from S3 bowfire and keep on coming.

I've used the actual Razorgor models for two Razorgor Chariot conversions, but bought two boxes of boar boyz to convert lone razorgor out of - your best bet is to also pick up a Chaos Spawn kit, the bits are perfect for turning generic boars into awesome razorgors.