PDA

View Full Version : Purple Sun of Xereus

Demrak
17-08-2010, 10:59
After a few decades break I'm a bit rusty on a few things.. so here's another..
Purple Sun of Xereus.. its placed then its moved.. now does it damage the models that it is placed over and any that it touches as it moves in that first placement turn ?

VoodooJanus
17-08-2010, 11:02
After a few decades break I'm a bit rusty on a few things.. so here's another..
Purple Sun of Xereus.. its placed then its moved.. now does it damage the models that it is placed over and any that it touches as it moves in that first placement turn ?

Yes.

But it's important to note that the FAQ says that it only effects those that are at least partially covered by the template, so the wizard who is casting is safe from the spell.

Edit: Although I was wondering- if a Slaan Mage priest casts purple sun whilst in a temple guard block, do the temple guard have to take a test if the slaan is not in the front rank?

Demrak
17-08-2010, 11:14
I presume you can place this anywhere on the battlefileld ?

TheTrueSloth
17-08-2010, 11:14
Edit: Although I was wondering- if a Slaan Mage priest casts purple sun whilst in a temple guard block, do the temple guard have to take a test if the slaan is not in the front rank?

Yes, it would. I've seen a lot of horror movies of Necromancers angling the Purple sun through a combat with a huge block of zombies and dwarves to generate more power dice. The spell is EVIL *cue dramatic music*

Toodles

TheTrueSloth
17-08-2010, 11:16
I presume you can place this anywhere on the battlefileld ?

Not entirely, it starts in base contact with the Wizard who casts it, then scoots around of its' own accord until it finally collapses in on itself. Short ranged, but horrendously powerful.

I'm still looking for the opportunity to play one of my local Lizzie players who loves taking multiple stegadons so I can Purple Sun him off my Chariot Herald :D

Toodles

Demrak
17-08-2010, 11:23
That's because its a vortex.. got it.. cheers