PDA

View Full Version : Unoffical 40k groups

IGoblinego
17-08-2010, 19:42
I was thinking to start unoffical 40k group in our school due to boring free time (we have nothing to do), so I have few questions.

-what kind of set should I start with here? ( I need also some paints)
-since no one here has ever heard of these things, I need to teach them, is there any website to help me with this?
-is this idea Illegal? (I think not but I have to make sure :D)

SPYDER68
17-08-2010, 20:48
1 - Start with Assault on black reach forces.. Orks and Space marines

2 - Keep games very simple, as in.. using the above.

3 - Have Codex's of the different armies so people can look through the pictures to see if any of the other armies spark a intrest in playing.

LonelyPath
17-08-2010, 21:35
For starting off and paints, get the Assault on Black Reach box as mentioned above, they also go a paint set to go with it. They use to do a combined box, though I'm not sure if that's still available.

Not much in the way of websites to teach the game, but Black reach comes with a rulebook and so on and it's pretty easy to pick up. Read the book and learn the rules as best you can (the basics like movement, shooting, wounding, saving throws, close combat) and then being teaching those rule s to others. The fastest way to learn a game is to play it. Also, find out if there is a gaming store near you and go there and ask if they run introductory games, many do :)

No, it's not illegal at all. There are many clubs out there and the more there are, the better ;)

spurker
17-08-2010, 22:26
Contact games workshop directly for advice. I did this at my school, and not only got a lot of good advice, but some nice freebies too!

Vulkan Rocks
17-08-2010, 22:56
What kind of freebies?

spurker
17-08-2010, 23:15
Some black library books, paints, paint brushes, a 40K building, and basing materials!

Vulkan Rocks
17-08-2010, 23:20
Win!
Now to set up 100 clubs under a multitude of strange, weird and just plain stupid ,Pseudonyms using a voice altering software that will ultimately fail in a vain attempt to wrangle a simple building and some paints out of games workshop:D:evilgrin::shifty: