PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Lore of Tzeentch - Glean Magic

mortiferum
17-08-2010, 21:50
If I succesfully cast Glean Magic I pick and auto succesfully cast a spell from my opponents spells do I also benefit from the Lore attributes.

Would you also benefit from the the Lore attributes? E.g. I cast Glean Magic succesfully, (assume opponent doesn't or fails to dispel it) my opponent is using Lore of Life and I pick flesh to stone as my auto cast spell from the Lore. Do I now also benefit from the Lore attributes and heal a wound?

I think I would - image the following, I cast Glean magic, succesfully, my opponent is using Lore of Metal, I pick and auto cast searing doom, I then need to apply the Metal Lore attribute to determine the wound roll for the damage spell?

Morty

TheTrueSloth
17-08-2010, 21:52
Yes, you can.

For example, Lore of Life rule Lifebloom:

"When a spell from the Lore of Life is successfully cast..."

So, stealing Lore of Death spells any time soon?

Or what about Shadow ones and "switching" the Wizard? :)

Toodles

TheTrueSloth
17-08-2010, 22:04
Just checked all of them, the same logic works for all of them, they only care if the spell was cast, not who by ;)

Toodles

mortiferum
17-08-2010, 22:19
Thats the conclusion I came to also - are there any other armies that have spells / abilities similar to Glean Magic, I believe WoC armies have an item - Third eye of Tzeentch (any other armies?) that allows them to cast a spell from the opponents list aswell - presumably they would also benefit from this?

EdiT: LOL - Just for fun - what would happen if a WoC sorcerer used Third Eye.. on a Lord of Change, picked and cast Glean Magic?

TheTrueSloth
17-08-2010, 22:23
Thats the conclusion I came to also - are there any other armies that have spells / abilities similar to Glean Magic, I believe WoC armies have an item (any other armies?) that allows them to cast a spell from the opponents list aswell - presumably they would also benefit from this?

Obviously that would depend on the wording of the effect doing it, but if it tells you that you can cast a spell from the enemy's choice of spells and its' a BRB Lore, then I'd say you get the additional rules (the Lore of Metal, for example, can't operate without them).

Toodles

Tae
17-08-2010, 23:00
EdiT: LOL - Just for fun - what would happen if a WoC sorcerer used Third Eye.. on a Lord of Change, picked and cast Glean Magic?

I have tried this on my opponent a couple of times, with the intention that if it gets through I cast the spell that 2d6 hits at 2d6 + 4 strength back at the LoC.

Alas dispelled both times :(