PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Tournamnet List 3000pts. (Help Needed)

Gmaleron
17-08-2010, 22:02
Hello everyone. As the title suggests i will be playing in a 3000 point tournament in about two weeks from now. Unfortunately i do not have all the models required to run a list at three thousand points so i will be proxying alot of my friends wood elf army to stand in as high elves, this has already been cleared by the tournament official as being legal. Now bear with me a good portion of this list was created to try and maximize as many points as possible with the models i have however any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks again for reading and the help:

LORDS AND HEROES: (1038pts.)

-Teclis
*w/ Lore of Life

-Alith Anar

-Noble BSB
*w/ Great Weapon, Armor of Caledor

-Caradryan

CORE: (752pts.)

-x27 Lothern Seaguard (*w/ Alith Anar)
*w/ Full Command

-x27 Lothern Seaguard
*w/ Full Command

SPECIAL: (1210pts.)

-x40 Phoenix Guard (*Horde w/ Teclis, Caradryan*)
*w/ Full Command, Razor Banner

-x15 White Lions (*Noble BSB*)
*w/ Full Command, Banner of Sorcery

-x5 Dragon Princes
*Full Command, Banner of Ellyrion, Sword of Might

TOTAL: ARMY 3000 POINTS

D'Haran
18-08-2010, 00:44
DP unit is probably too small, you'd do better with some extra bodies taken off the PG unit.

40 PG is probably overkill, you could do the same with a unit of 30 with more WL's and DP's.

You put 1/3 total point in Heroes, they're probably not all worth it, though if you don't have the points to field more units it's what you have to do, but I'd go with another mage or Korhil (stubborn is always nice).

You might find it hard to control the battlefield without any Great Eagles or fast cav but hopefully your DP's can be used to make up for it.

Might help if you include the models you have available so we know what we're working with.

Gmaleron
18-08-2010, 01:39
Fair enough D'Haran. These are the models that i have available at my disposal:

-A mix of High elf spearmen and Glade Guard to create my Lothern Sea Guard (32 High Elf Spearmen, 22 Glade guard)

-x40 Eternal Guard (as phoenix guard with full command)

-x5 Wild Riders (Run as Dragon Princes)

-x15 White Lions

-Waywatcher as Alith Anar, Spellsinger as Teclis, Wood Elf Noble as Caradryan.

Really this is all i have. I am getting a paycheck this upcoming saturday so i could probably buy a little more things to make my list more effective, however i just do not have the funds at the moment to go out and purchase a 3000 point high elf army unless someone wants to but about 80 professionaly painted Imperial Guard Steel Legion models :D

D'Haran
18-08-2010, 12:50
That said I think you're doing what you can and it looks like it'll give some people a headache, gj.

You might want Cad in some seaguard since +1 magic wardsave won't do the PG any good (+2 is best that'll have effect).

You playing at mind games?

lacurra
18-08-2010, 14:01
i would run korhil instead of alith anar personally and you would do better with more DP's or Sword Masters instead of so many PG's. in a 3000 point game, i would probably try to have a couple 2-3 mages. teclis is a great idea but some backup never hurts.

Guardian of the Rage
18-08-2010, 20:05
I have to agree with D'Haran about the Phoenix Guard, not that I don't think that they have the potential to dominate. Its just that I think that from a risk management perspective, it is not smart.

In addition, you are relying on the 'Line unit clash' and magic phase parts of the battle to win you the game. I think that MSU part of the battle is incredibly important now because of its potential to affect the enemy warmachines and ensure that the 'Line unit clash' goes your way. To compete in this part you have only really got the Dragon Princes and the white lions (though admittedly the Seaguard can shoot to affect this part) and I think that you risk being at the mercy of warmachines and faster enemy units will punish you in the later parts of the battle when you big line units clash.

I hope this helps,

kind regards,
GotR

Gmaleron
19-08-2010, 02:08
Thanks for all the tips guys however i hate to say this but i have decided with my buddies consent to use his wood elves in the tournament as he will be running his skaven. I will be posting a list for that army on here shortly based on the results of a few games i have played with them to test them out. Thanks again for all the help. And yes i will be playing at mind games.

TheKingInYellow
19-08-2010, 15:04
I don't know, the PG Deathstar is basically unkillable, and with a BSB nearby and Teclis using Life in the unit, they might as well be unbreakable too.

It's a tournament winner at this point, I don't know any other list that can consistently route 40 PGs. You have to watch for character assassination on Teclis, but with Caradryan there, you have challenges covered.

Napoleon Blownapart
26-08-2010, 14:56
3 mortars, dual bs5 snipers, and feeback scroll mebe? We will see 8)