View Full Version : Daemon Princes that are not primarchs

ashendant
18-08-2010, 00:32
well i want information on any Daemon prince that is not a primarch

Lexicanum only references 3

Tallomin
the prince of daemon princes

Doombreed
a specially brutal human warlord of earth's past, that leaded a successful Black Crusade with low losses

The "Warsmith"
a former lord of Khalan Ghol

Does anybody know of more of these Daemon Princes or other daemon princes that are not primarchs?

Mannimarco
18-08-2010, 00:59
Mamon: a daemon prince of Nurgle, corrupter of Vraks

Uraka: daemon prince of Khorne

PostinDirty
18-08-2010, 02:32
what about that alpha legion DP the white scars and raven guard team up to take down?

mob16151
18-08-2010, 03:24
Wasn't there a Doomrider guy? Or was he just a greater demon of Slaanesh?

Splata
18-08-2010, 03:32
In Lord of the Night I believe one of the other Night Lord commanders was a Daemon Prince. I don't think he was simply possessed anyway.

mob16151
18-08-2010, 03:41
In Lord of the Night I believe one of the other Night Lord commanders was a Daemon Prince. I don't think he was simply possessed anyway.

Kreig Acerbus.He shows up in Soul Hunter flashbacks I believe.

TheMartyr451
18-08-2010, 06:39
In the Chaos Codex for 3.5 edition (if memory serves correctly) there was a snippet about a Daemon Prince named Periclitor. The name is pretty lulzy but his ascension to Princedom was pretty cool.

Bloodknight
18-08-2010, 06:57
Also:
Foulspawn (Nurgle DP): a spawn that made it to DPhood
M'Kachan (Tzeentch): LoC who became a DP, which made him super powerful.
N'Kari (Slaanesh): KoS-DP, he also became extra powerful. Hits people with a weapon crafted from the bones of a Bloodthirster.

Zweischneid
18-08-2010, 08:29
Kor Megron, the Reaper of Rhodax (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=1&aId=10500161a&start=2) (World Bearers)

Ignatius Grulgor of the Death Guard (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=2&aId=10500161a&start=3)

Corflich Loatheheart (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=3&aId=10500161a&start=4) (Tzeentch)

Shamana
18-08-2010, 08:35
How can a greater demon become a demon prince, I thought only those who started as mortals can become DPs? Also, I thought GDs consider daemon princes as lesser creatures due to their hybrid nature.

Edit: I see zweischneid already linked to the 40k-ones from the new GW articles.

Bloodknight
18-08-2010, 08:42
How can a greater demon become a demon prince,

What do I know? It's stuff from the 2nd edition codex where normal DPs didn't really exist. M'Kachan and N'Kari were described as Daemon Princes although they were basically super-GDs with superior statlines, while Doombreed used to be human and Foulspawn went from human Nurgle worshipper to spawn to Superspawn-DP (with stats up to 12 in case of Doombreed's LD and 18 in case of Foulspawn's wounds).

Hellebore
18-08-2010, 08:46
Daemon princes used to be the ULTIMATE follower of a chaos god, their generals on the battlefield. Only they had the ability to think outside their god's domain, unlike greater daemons.

But they decided it would be more fun for them to be treated with scorn by 'real' daemons...

Hellebore

Memnos
18-08-2010, 08:52
Another Daemon Prince:

The Blood Prince, the Daemon of Khorne who fought an invasion by Orks on to his planet of blood. While toying with the Warboss, he found out that even a mostly dead Ork can still heft a power klaw up high enough to make someone wish they had just killed the Ork.

Lord Damocles
18-08-2010, 08:53
Aardvark Aradvrak, from Codex: Daemons

Emili, from Traitor's Hand

Doomrider, from ye olde days

M'kar The Reborn, from Mat Ward codeces

Iracundus
18-08-2010, 10:41
What do I know? It's stuff from the 2nd edition codex where normal DPs didn't really exist. M'Kachan and N'Kari were described as Daemon Princes although they were basically super-GDs with superior statlines, while Doombreed used to be human and Foulspawn went from human Nurgle worshipper to spawn to Superspawn-DP (with stats up to 12 in case of Doombreed's LD and 18 in case of Foulspawn's wounds).

N'kari was not a Greater Daemon. The description for N'kari from the 2nd edition Chaos Codex states he was among the first native inhabitants from a an isolated backward world trapped in the center of an impenetrable warp storm for millenia to become one of Slaanesh's Daemon Princes. His form may be that of a Keeper of Secrets but even that is not a major obstacle as in the old Realms of Chaos books, one of the Gifts available was taking starting to resemble one of their patron's daemons or greater daemons.

In older editions of WHFB, N'kari was stated to be one of the first humans from the WHFB world to become a Slaanesh Daemon Prince. Link this bit with the bit in the previous paragraph...and draw your own conclusions about WHFB and 40K.

totgeboren
18-08-2010, 11:02
Kor Megron, the Reaper of Rhodax (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=&pIndex=1&aId=10500161a&start=2) (World Bearers)

For christ sake, stop calling them World Bearers! You have done it for over two weeks, and its driving me insane!

Zweischneid
18-08-2010, 11:08
For christ sake, stop calling them World Bearers! You have done it for over a week, and its driving me insane!

Ups, sorry. I apologize. Seeing red CSMs, my unconsciousness apparently always gets the mix on.

Symrivven
18-08-2010, 14:23
I believe the main confusion with N'kari is that in 40k its a daemon prince.
Apparently in old fantasy its a daemon prince, while in the high elf story line its a greater daemon (and recurring villain).

Iracundus
18-08-2010, 14:28
I believe the main confusion with N'kari is that in 40k its a daemon prince.
Apparently in old fantasy its a daemon prince, while in the high elf story line its a greater daemon (and recurring villain).

As already mentioned, this is not a major obstacle as in the original Realms of Chaos, a Chaos Champion could acquire the appearance and form of his patron god's daemons as rewards. N'kari therefore could just be one of those that did so, or that was subsequently remolded after his ascension by Slaanesh.

Malice313
18-08-2010, 14:41
Speaking fo the old RoC, there was a daemonic patron called Qweethul.

Mannimarco
18-08-2010, 15:08
I dont think Qweethul was an official patron god thing, he was just there as an example of how to make your own Daemonic patron and how to create followers/attribute tables

Lord Zarkov
18-08-2010, 16:43
I dont think Qweethul was an official patron god thing, he was just there as an example of how to make your own Daemonic patron and how to create followers/attribute tables
Kweethul is still canon in WFB at least - he comes up in Grey Seer

SultanBaal
18-08-2010, 17:33
The Alpha Legion Daemon Prince was Kernax Voldorius who was taken down by the White Scars and the Raven Guard. Voldorius also released the Bloodtide that killed billions.

There is one other Alpha Legion DP Periclitor from the Chaos 2nd Edition Codex who was elvated to daemonhood after wiping out the Howling Griffions Chapter Master and First Company

pies
19-08-2010, 02:54
Hakanor, is a Daemon prince who is only known as the leader of Hakenors Reavers.

Nazguire
19-08-2010, 07:33
The Alpha Legion Daemon Prince was Kernax Voldorius who was taken down by the White Scars and the Raven Guard. Voldorius also released the Bloodtide that killed billions.

There is one other Alpha Legion DP Periclitor from the Chaos 2nd Edition Codex who was elvated to daemonhood after wiping out the Howling Griffions Chapter Master and First Company

Periclitor is a Night Lords Daemon Prince from memory.

SultanBaal
19-08-2010, 14:38
Ah your right i must of have gotten night lords mixed up with Alpha Legion, yea i double checked Periclitor was a Night lord

ReveredChaplainDrake
19-08-2010, 15:09
Speaking of Night Lords, how about the Exalted from Soul Hunter? I'm not sure if he was an actual Daemon Prince in Soul Hunter (he was considerably shorter than a Dreadnought, even while on his throne, so I tend to think of him as more of just a Possessed at that point), but by Throne of Lies, he's clearly a full-blown Daemon Prince. Because he never left the Covenant of Blood in Soul Hunter, we never really got any good descriptions until ToL.

Daemon Prince Dhar'leth was another one. Though the only piece of fluff written about him was to say that he was at the siege of Terra (and then only a caption to a larger picture in the 3.5 codex), he's basically the prince that the now-retired metal Daemon Prince was modeled after.

Seved
19-08-2010, 17:55

According to the book Chapter War, so did Lord Librarian Mercaeno of the Howling Griffons take an oath to kill Periclitor for the above mentioned action, and did in the end kill the Deamon Prince.

randian
20-08-2010, 09:38
Daemon princes used to be the ULTIMATE follower of a chaos god, their generals on the battlefield. Only they had the ability to think outside their god's domain, unlike greater daemons.

But they decided it would be more fun for them to be treated with scorn by 'real' daemons...
Those are not mutually exclusive things. Being the ultimate follower of your god, you're bound to evoke jealousy and scorn from those beneath you, especially if you have mortal origins. Just because they scorn you doesn't mean they won't follow you. Daemon Princes have the sheer power to demand compliance, and their zeal to do evil in their god's service makes following their orders palatable.