PDA

View Full Version : Catch me up please....

Apollyon
18-08-2010, 03:51
I've been away from the game awhile and have a couple of questions.

1) Do Space Marines (especially 1st founding chapters ) venerate the Emperor as a god? The didn't used to and I need to know if this has changed.

2) Do Orc weapons work the same way as normal weapons or are they conduits for innate Orcy Psykicness? The RPG's seem to go in the conventional weapon direction.

Clockwork-Knight
18-08-2010, 04:04
Most space marine chapters do not venerate the emperor as a god, but only as the perfect human, who created their primarchs, and in fact reject the ecclessiarchy's influence on them per Index Astartes. Weren't it for the fact that the space marines were so important and were close to the emperor, the rest of the Imperium would have tried to exterminate all astartes-chapters who didn't share their kind of belief.

As for Anziom's theory, it has always been wrong, as the armageddonian ork hunters were perfectly fine with using ork weaponry.
However, perhaps the ork psychic gestalt does make the weapons less likely to jam, or does make red-painted vehicles really go faster, instead of getting special oil or having a better motor (ork technology is so not uniform that it's impossible for imperial scientists to explain why this is so).

Hellebore
18-08-2010, 04:09
I consider the latent psychic field as a psychic lubricant that greases the wheels of ork technology. The orks can't fall back on clap your hands if you believe, but their lack of quality assurance isn't as important if they believe.

Basically, if the X Box was made for Orks, it would actually be reliable.

Hellebore