PDA

View Full Version : how to get SM Missle launchers

drmckool
18-08-2010, 05:06
i'm running 2 squads of Long Fangs in my Space Wolves army (as of now) and i'm wondering where and how i can get a bunch of missile launchers without having to purchase a Dev squad multiple times and wasting the non-missile launcher models

Deetwo
18-08-2010, 05:27
You pretty much need to buy them from other people. That's how I got my full 15, which does include a couple IG missiles.. but they do fit surprisingly well on the long fangs for a bit of variety :)

Or order these http://www.thewarstore.com/product27853.html

aquilius
18-08-2010, 05:30
Or use other missle like guns. Hunter killers spring to mind.

mrln68
18-08-2010, 05:47
Bits sellers are generally the best way to go - however, they are not always cheaper than buying the boxes yourself.

The non-missile units (or which ever you might not need) are generally useful elsewhere though. You can use them for stationary weapons on terrain pieces, objectives or base decorations. You can also paint them up for use later should you decide to change up your list (or if you play an Apoc game where it is handy to have a few hundred extra points worth of minis). If you don't think that you will be needing them - you can use them for trade for other bits.

spaint2k
18-08-2010, 05:55
You've not listed your location, but bitsandkits.co.uk is pretty affordable and he has very cheap international shipping also. You can also reduce costs a little by buying the tactical squad missile launcher. Unfortunately he's out of stock right now... :(

The Marshel
18-08-2010, 06:29
looking at the weapons in the bitzbox, i reckon if you can round up one or two other marine players you should be right.

I reckon there would certainly be a few people interested in the MM, and plasma cannons are always popular. lascannons and heavy bolters might be hard to trade away though. knock up you're local store and see who is interested in alternative heavy weapons for their tactical squads. trade off the unwanted heavy weapons for missile launchers from tactical sets.

also, you may be able to get some aobr missile marines on ebay, wouldnt be sre bu i reckon i've seen them separate. Do you need grey hunters? cause another option would be to buy a grey hunters box and a tactical squad and combine them for 20 grey hunters. it only gets you a single ml though, so i wouldnt want to be relying on that.

Finn
18-08-2010, 06:37
Any IG players who've bought a lot of Cadian Heavy Weapons teams, and don't use the missile launcher bits either for models or elsewhere, may have a bunch spare. With spare Marine arms and a little bit of work, you can easily convert them to be Marine-portable launchers that look pretty darn decent IMO.

Necron2.0
18-08-2010, 08:10
Alternately you could buy the kits and sell the figures you don't need/use on someplace like Ebay or you local game store. I've done that before.

Panzerkanzler
18-08-2010, 08:17
I'm curious why so many spell missile like missle. Is it sloppy typing or Americans spelling words according to how they pronounce them?
Concerning missile launchers I'd get them from a non-GW producer. I'm not overly knowledgeable about sources of extra kit/guns but I'm sure there are some stores on the net who sell weapons you can use as GW missile launcher substitutes.

Souleater
18-08-2010, 08:21
No, it comes from ordering people to fire them in the heat of battle. it's just that bit quicker.

As a source of Missiles, Missle or general tube shaped firing things the AoBR set has a guy with a missle launcher. You might be able to trade for him from some mates for bits you have.

AndrewGPaul
18-08-2010, 08:25
There is always the new set of "retro" weapons from Forge World; 2 missile launchers, 2 flamers and 2 melta guns. It's a bit of a pricey way of doing things, but there you go.

wilsonian
18-08-2010, 08:36
Adding a wanted post in the trade section turns up some good results most times :)

Promethius
18-08-2010, 09:00
I might hae one in my bitz box (sure I do actually). Pm me and I'll look later. Just got back from a 12 hour night shift so won't be looking just now! Assume it's the launcher arm you're after.

Emperor's Scourge
18-08-2010, 09:36
There's no easy solution. The Warstore charges a lot. The Devastator launcher costs more than the Tactical squad launcher though.

Dev and Tac kits don't help much. You only get one Missile Launcher in each box. Stupid isn't it? The most low tech and common heavy weapon and you have a bitch of a time getting enough without spending tons of cash.

I just ordered a Forgeworld Pre-Heresy Weapons pack and that only brings me up to four missile launchers total for my Long Fangs. Really wish I'd kept my Missile Launcher marines from my DIY chapter instead of selling them.

GabrielEvander
18-08-2010, 10:09
Bitsbox.co.uk and http://letthedicedecide.netdirector.co.uk/ both sell bits at reasonable prices but ya gotta be quick.

Souleater
18-08-2010, 10:19
The most low tech and common heavy weapon and you have a bitch of a time getting enough without spending tons of cash.

Ah...the crazy days we live in. Why I remember in 4th Ed when you couldn't give missile launchers away.

Shadow Marine
18-08-2010, 10:20
I can recommend bits box, but if you are really stuck I have loads of SM hunter killer missile launchers.

Finn
18-08-2010, 11:37
Ah...the crazy days we live in. Why I remember in 4th Ed when you couldn't give missile launchers away.

I still spammed Missile Launcher Devastators ;). 1 or 2 squads of 4 typically found their way into my army lists.

LonelyPath
18-08-2010, 11:45
As others have said, the IG missile launchers work well, they often appear cheap on bits sites (some have them for as little as 25 pence!) while SM missile launchers generally go for 1 - 2.50.

If you're in the UK I cannot recommend Bitz & Kits and BitsBox enough, I've ordered from both many times and only ever failed to get a order once and that was the Royal Mails' fault in losing the darn thing. I still got a full refund though.

AndrewGPaul
18-08-2010, 13:04
Can you not hack together a conversion using lascannon and vehicle hunter-killer launchers?

drmckool
18-08-2010, 16:13
What i've been doing has just been to use the other guns from the Dev squad and just say that they are "funny looking missile launchers", however i want to actually have all my guys carrying the weapons. As you can see from my Avatar I am in Canada

AndrewGPaul
18-08-2010, 20:35
As you can see from my Avatar I am in Canada

I'll take your word for it. :)

drmckool
18-08-2010, 20:56
I'll take your word for it. :)

the reason i said that is because my avatar is a Doug Gilmour Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey.

burning crome
18-08-2010, 22:19
This is just me, I thought that missiles launchers easiest to get hold of. Since they been in the standard kit (tac squad and the AOBR set and the old devastator set) for so long and only recently have come back in to fashion. So there loads floating around out there.