PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at WoC

Jacke_89
18-08-2010, 08:43
Lords:
Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch,Lv4, Blood of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch
Enchanted Shield
380p

Heroes:
Exalted Hero of Tzeentch, BSB, Shield, Chaos Runesword
200p

Core:
20 Warriors of Tzeentch,FC, Shields
370p

16 Warriors of Tzeentch,FC, Shields
306p

2x5 Warhounds
60p

25 Marauders of Tzeentch, FC, Light armour&Shield
190p

Special:
6 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch, Standard&Musician
290p

6 Trolls
270p

Chariot of Tzeentch
140p

2226p

This is my first attempt at a WoC army. I'm quite new to fantasy and haven't played any games since early 7th ed. So any ideas for improvement are much apreciated.

I'm aiming för 2250 so i still have a few points to play with.

zanzibar
18-08-2010, 09:51
Hi mate, solid enough list for a first 8th ed. try.
i might remove the chaos runesword on the bsb and get a book of secrets.
Also i dont really see the point of a Mark of tzeentch on the chaos chariot.
Also perhaps consider grouping the warriors together into one horde unti and ths filling out the marauders unit with more guys (either for horde or steadfast)
Zan

Jacke_89
18-08-2010, 10:16
Hi mate, solid enough list for a first 8th ed. try.
i might remove the chaos runesword on the bsb and get a book of secrets.
Also i dont really see the point of a Mark of tzeentch on the chaos chariot.
Also perhaps consider grouping the warriors together into one horde unti and ths filling out the marauders unit with more guys (either for horde or steadfast)
Zan

I have been considering the book of secrets, but is it really worth it? A single spell, usually a weak one doesn't sound so great. With the Runesword he can dish out a lot of damage in melee.

Im not so sure about hording the warriors, although it would seem nice, the unit would have a huge frontage, and thus it would be hard to manouver them. Are you thinking like 3 ranks of 10 wide? or even more? Also im not quite sure how the horde rules work, as i have never played a game in 8th ed

Also isn't there a rule which says that you need at least 3 infantry squads? If i group my warriors I will only have 2.

zanzibar
20-08-2010, 03:35
I though the rule was you needed at least 3 units, not infantry squads. Horde simply means a frontage of 10 or more wide gets you the ability to fight in 3 ranks instead of 2.
personally i would consider a larger unit of marauders, say 35 and removing the light armour options for more pts.
I find book of secrets really useful this edition because practicaly no spell in fire, shadow or death lores is really useless. If you give him a random fire spell, chances are it will be a shooty, st4 damage spell, plus u get the extra power dice on top of that.

in other words for 175 pts i have lately been using this build which is still a killy character with his basic stats.
Exalted hero, mark of tzeentch, shield, chaos armour, book of secrets, battle standard.
175 pts total, a very versatile character, good stats regardless and able to support ur wizard. Plus the mark of tzeentch helps with magic and doesn't force him to use tzeencth lore (unlike ur wizard who would be forced to take this lore).
I would also consider a nurgle/khorn chariot than a tzeentch one, they attract shooting usually or with khorn are more killy and immune to psyche.

Jacke_89
20-08-2010, 08:02
Lords
Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch,Lv4, Blood of Tzeentch, Golden Eye of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch
Enchanted Shield
380p

Heroes:
Exalted Hero of Tzeentch, BSB, Shield, Chaos Runesword
200p

Core:
24 Warriors of Tzeentch,FC, Raptourus Standard, Shields
459p

24 Warriors of Tzeentch,FC, War Banner, Shields
459p

2x5 Warhounds
60p

40 Marauders of Tzeentch, FC, Great weapons
240p

Special:
6 Knights of Tzeentch, Standard&Musician
290p

Chariot of Tzeentch
140p

2236p

Alright I have now uppdated the army. I´ve removed the trolls and boosted the size of my other units.

Im still not convinced about the Book of Secrets, as the runesword does seem nice. Since my Sorcerer Lord will most likely eat all the powerdice trying to cast Infernal gateway or treason of Tzeentch, so Im not sure that a minor wizard will be of much use.

Maybe Im stuck in last eddition, but i didn't think i could buy arcane items for an exalted hero..