PDA

View Full Version : Minotaur List! It's like Ogre Kingdoms, but with less fat

Orcfodder
05-03-2006, 02:24
I like the idea of lots of big guys wading through regiments, but I don't care of the Ogre Kingdoms list or fluff, so I was toying with this Beasts of Chaos list. Never played with anything remotely chaos, so what do you guys think?

Heros
Doombull w/ heavy armor, shield
->Chaos Runesword, Mark of Khorne
Wargor w/ greatweapon
->Chaos Armor, Mark of Khorne
Wargor w/ greatweapon
->Chaos Armor, Mark of Khorne
Wargor w/ handweapon, heavy armor
->Battle Standard w/ Banner of the Gods

Core Units
Minotaurs x4 w/ Greatweapons
-> Standard Bearer
-> Mark of Khorne
Minotaurs x4 w/ Greatweapons
-> Standard Bearer
-> Mark of Khorne
Minotaurs x3 w/ Greatweapons
-> Standard Bearer
-> Mark of Khorne
Beast Herd w/ 16 Gors w/ two hand weapons, 10 Ungors w/ spear
-> Musician, Standard
Beast Herd w/ 16 Gors w/ two hand weapons, 10 Ungors w/ spears
-> Musician, Standard
Tuskgor Chariot

Special Units
Chaos Furies x 10 w/ claws

Total: 2001 points

The Doombull joins the unit of 3 minos, and the two chaos armor Wargors join the herds. The battle standard bearer rides the chariot.

I figure the minos sweep down the center while the herds guard the sides and go for some flank charges. The chariot and it's banner gives stubborn where it's needed, and maybe negate some ranks with a nice charge or two. Furies go for artillery or lone characters.

Since magic is for sissies and elves, I like the mark of khorne for the dispell dice and the nice frenzy it gives. 8 dispel dice should be enough.

Any comments? Never ran a beast list, so I dunno if this will work.

starlight
05-03-2006, 02:58
I like Minotaurs so much I'm slowly building a full 3K of them, so I think that you're on the right track.

I'd play it.:D

taer
05-03-2006, 04:19
One problem, since Chaos Armor is a magic item for beasts characters, only one of them in the army are allowed to take it. The Wargor also may not ride in a chariot (it isn't an option for Wargors, only Beastlords). Other than that, it seems a fairly standard Mino least composition-wise.

Edit: Huge beastherds BTW

Orcfodder
05-03-2006, 04:25
The Wargor also may not ride in a chariot (it isn't an option for Wargors, only Beastlords). Other than that, it seems a fairly standard Mino least composition-wise.

Doh. Guess he gets his own herd then. Just gotta trim somewhere.

Edit: Huge beastherds BTW

Hmm, maybe reduce the two existing herds to 20 models. Well, with those extra points, and those points from the chariot, should pay for the Standard Bearer's herd. Thanks for the tips!