PDA

View Full Version : Godborn RPG: Setup/OOC

Cthulu
05-03-2006, 07:32
I will be somewhat brief about this setting as chars in this world really wouldnt know alot; you will see why. I am looking for about 5 players, who can update on an almost daily basis. There will be times when I will have to put it all on pause for a bit for various reasons (I will post about these times specificaly).

Its been awhile since Ive done anything with forum roleplay, not since back in the days of Portent, so I thought Id get back into it all.

The setting takes place mainly on the world Ansurus which mostly consists of large clusters of Islands, large continents having been destroyed or left inhabitable in an ancient war. The evil that was thought to have been beaten long ago in that war by the alligned deites of good seems to be stirring again, coming back to power. In response to this rising threat, the ancient Order of Odemia, who are aligned with the last suriving deity, Odemia the watcher,, have gathered what remains they could find of the various gods of old, and through magical and ancient technological means, have born a group of beings infused with part of the essence of the gods of old to thwart this rising evil. Only time will tell if this last ditch effort by a shattered people will succeed.........

(I will give specifics and further details on char creation etc once i see if theres any interest. I apologize for any bad grammar as its 4 in the morning and I have a bad relationship with sleep.)

TheSonOfAbbadon
05-03-2006, 19:31
I'm interested.

Cthulu
08-03-2006, 04:27
oh well, Im guessing this idea isnt sparking much interest so I'll cancel it

New Cult King
08-03-2006, 04:36
Blast. I only just saw this thread. I'd be up for a game.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-03-2006, 11:34
oh well, Im guessing this idea isnt sparking much interest so I'll cancel it

Wait a few more days, some more people should show interest by then.

Bmaxwell
08-03-2006, 12:52
Whats this about i really have no idea what Godborn is about but im willing to learn.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-03-2006, 15:48
Basically:

Planet consisting of lots of Islands.
Evil thought to be gone, but it's not.
Order of Odemia gather some people infused with the power of the gods to go kick some evil ass.

I was wondering:

1. Is this in a fantasy world, or sci-fi? Or both?
2. Can I be a dog/jackal-person [like Anubis]?
3. Is this your own personal made-up world or an existing one that's been in a game or something?
4. If it's your world, have you thought alot about it [like you know exactly where major islands are, what the people are like culture etc.] or is it a vague idea?

New Cult King
08-03-2006, 23:51
Do you have a set pantheon, or are we able to be the spawn of gods in this world, like Anubis as TheSonOfAbaddon mentioned? I'd like my patron to be Baron Samedi :D

TheSonOfAbbadon
09-03-2006, 11:30
I'd just like to say that Anubis shouldn't exist in this world, as that would be very unoriginal. I only said 'like Anubis' because that's what my jackal-man would look like.

I'd like the idea of us being spawns of different gods, but who's Baron Samedi?

New Cult King
09-03-2006, 12:01
The Bawon (sic) is a Voodoo deity, or loa (lwa), of the dead, along with Baron Cimetière, Baron La Croix and Baron Kriminel, who are his other incarnations.

He's a scoundrel, but very clever and wise. He is the all-knowing god of death, but also a god of sexuality with a fondness for rum. Sounds like a top guy to me! I am in the process of "working" with him and Papa Legba, who is the gatekeeper between the world of mortals, and the world of the loas.

TheSonOfAbbadon
09-03-2006, 12:17
So it's a deity that already exists? Well that's original.

New Cult King
10-03-2006, 01:01
Hence my question to Cthulu asking if he has his own pantheon, or if we can use gods from this world. If there is a specific pantheon for the gameworld (which is what I expect) then I would like to be the follower/avatar/spawn of a Baron Samedi type deity.

Just asking man, no need to be snippy.

Cthulu
10-03-2006, 01:21
Ah, well I'll wait a little longer to see if this gets more people, for now I'll answer a few questions.

This is indeed a world of my own creation, thought out with a great deal of detail. As such there is a pantheon of old gods from which you will be able to pick, there will also be the potential to add to your existing powers and traits by collecting other parts of lesser known gods and deities on your journey (I think I called these remains vitalis, but im not sure). Basicaly you'll start with a foundation for further supernatural abilities, the first god you choose influencing the whole but you will have opportunity to tailor your Godborn hero through aquisition of other vitalis.

Beyond this I cant really tell you much, as right now im at my parents, and all my notes are back in my dorm, my apologies. The only god I can tell you a little about is the only one that is still alive and the only one you cant be, and thats Odemia, the watcher, the sleeper, the one eyed hound of the abyss. Those are various names he might be called by people in this setting. He hardly ever gets involved in the affairs of anyone, be they immortal or mortal, and as such did not get involved in the great war of the heavens long ago. The Order of Odemia holds that Odemia himself is something of a key to reality and existance as they know it surviving, although there isnt much more than their word to back this. For the most part Odemia is said to be sleeping, his most faithful occasionaly struck with visions induced by Odemia's dreams.

Once I get off spring break if theres good interest in this I'll post detailed descriptions on the world and how this will be run.

Dont be worried about having to read page after page of background info as, your char wouldnt really know much since they were jsut born at the start of the campaign.

Oh, I just rememebred the last question I was going to answer, about the tech level of the setting. It would be something of a steampunk setting, but more of a post apocalyptic steampunk setting. As in thered be magical and mechanical technology as is seen in such settings, but itd be rare, or ruined. There will be lots of ruins, and lost technololgy. At the height of the technololgy before the great war, things like guns would just have been appearing, so in the current era somebody having a gun would be an extremely rare and spectacular thing, and then actually having it work would be unheard of.

If I think of anything else to say, I'll post here. I'll check for questions also, so feel free to ask.

New Cult King
10-03-2006, 01:41
Well, this is sounding pretty damn sweet to me. I'm definitely in.

The Necron who could
10-03-2006, 02:52
oooh this is fun looking
ill join

TheSonOfAbbadon
10-03-2006, 15:49
Oh, I just rememebred the last question I was going to answer, about the tech level of the setting. It would be something of a steampunk setting, but more of a post apocalyptic steampunk setting. As in thered be magical and mechanical technology as is seen in such settings, but itd be rare, or ruined. There will be lots of ruins, and lost technololgy. At the height of the technololgy before the great war, things like guns would just have been appearing, so in the current era somebody having a gun would be an extremely rare and spectacular thing, and then actually having it work would be unheard of.

Ah, like the Theif games, cool.

P.S: Necron, for the love of the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster please talk properly, you're not making any friends by talking like an idiot.

The Necron who could
11-03-2006, 15:28
im sorry but im just to lazy to type propperley

TheSonOfAbbadon
11-03-2006, 20:06
Well at least SPELL things properly even if you don't use correct gramar and punctuation.

P.S: How old are you, Necron?

The Necron who could
13-03-2006, 01:08
um i ran out of fingers to count with.

Cthulu
13-03-2006, 22:42
hello hello im back going to post tomorrow i havent slept in 2 days and im afraid of screwing somehting up at moment

Slazton
29-03-2006, 07:40
Hey Cthulu, haven't seen you in a while.

Just noticed the rpg, looks fun. Tell me if you still want players as I'll happly join......................

biggreengribbly
29-03-2006, 08:10
I'll wait on yo posting some of the material (some of the gods we get to choose from particularly) before I jump in head first, but this looks really cool.

I'd probably play!