PDA

View Full Version : Another lost Legion thread (ish)

MrSatan
19-08-2010, 01:27
ok so I know the lost legion talk has been done to death but I'm not sure that this has came up before (waits to be shown wrong by someone)

Say one of the missing legions does appear on the outskirts of the galaxy (fighting through the nids that apparently surround the galaxy and the orks who also apparently surround the galaxy at the same time :/). Who would they side with?

The more I think about it I would think chaos. Them looking at what the imperium has become would be a massive shock to them (assuming that they have been out on contact since the great crusade). Basically everything they have fought for and the dream the emperor had for humanity has been turned its head.

Then they would see the traitor marines who although warped are probably closer to the old ways than the loyalists (thinking about black legion, not things like plague marines ect), heck they may even know some of them. Plus we all know how persuasive chaos can be.

Alternatively they could just try to form an independent faction and try to keep out of the galaxy-wide GrimDark war.

What do other people think the legions reaction to the 40K galaxy would be and why?

mob16151
19-08-2010, 01:39
Unless of course the Emperor had already informed them of the nature of chaos. It could have happened like that.

MrSatan
19-08-2010, 01:41
From what i read from the HH books the legions seemed pretty clueless about chaos(thinking about the first book when one gets posessed), if the higher ups knew they kept it secret

Son of Sanguinius
19-08-2010, 01:43
They need not side with anyone. I'd prefer if they remained their own faction. If they re-emerged after so much time, they should have the infrastructure in place to supply themselves with warriors, armor, and munitions. Ideally, I'd like it if their Primarch (assuming he's with them) set up his own little empire, comparable to what the Tau have done. Big enough to be worth consideration but small enough to be realistic.

MrSatan
19-08-2010, 12:34
Im sure both the imperium and chaos would race to get a legions worth of support

Gimp
19-08-2010, 12:46
hmmmm I think they would form their own little Empire.

They would be sickened by whats happened to the Chaos Space Marines and the Imperium.

Tsavo
19-08-2010, 17:10
hmmmm I think they would form their own little Empire.

They would be sickened by whats happened to the Chaos Space Marines and the Imperium.

i have to totally agree with this.. it would also give a place for the chapters that have left the empire but have not gone all spiky to go..

Mage
19-08-2010, 20:57
Well, if they did show up, getting resources wouldn't be too bad. Go to the Mechanicus and just act like your some other marine chapter. That said, it would be cool, if in the storyline, that other marine chapters, some, not all, tore away from the imperium and sided with the new legion.

MrSatan
20-08-2010, 20:23
Well, if they did show up, getting resources wouldn't be too bad. Go to the Mechanicus and just act like your some other marine chapter. That said, it would be cool, if in the storyline, that other marine chapters, some, not all, tore away from the imperium and sided with the new legion.

I could see the smurfs maybe doing it

Son of Sanguinius
20-08-2010, 22:19
They already did, by most accounts.

Grubnar
13-09-2010, 01:12
Space Marines are by their very nature fiercly indipentand. And indipentand they would stay, they might allie with Ultramar if they would not form their own little empire.

They sure as hell would not joint the chaos legions.

Jonman
14-09-2010, 15:59
They're Legion of the Damned :D

MrSatan
23-03-2011, 14:04
I thought that was the flame falcons?

theJ
23-03-2011, 15:18
Depends on who the lost legions are, why they were lost, and the natures of their primarchs. We don't really know any of this...

Zothos
25-03-2011, 20:40
Legion of the Damned were the Fire Hawks.

They have absolutely nothing to do with the 2 lost Legions.

shadowhawk2008
25-03-2011, 20:53
I thought that was the flame falcons?

The Flame Falcons self immolated during a campaign and were subsequently de-chapterfied by a Grey Knights strike force. They are mostly renegades now as of the last mention of them anywhere.

Venerable Player
26-03-2011, 08:52
They need not side with anyone. I'd prefer if they remained their own faction. If they re-emerged after so much time, they should have the infrastructure in place to supply themselves with warriors, armor, and munitions. Ideally, I'd like it if their Primarch (assuming he's with them) set up his own little empire.

I would like that! Since they might have never received advanced armours (terminator, new power etc.), but also no nothing about the ban on weapons research, they could look like HH era marines with new stuff developed. Maybe some gear they grabbed from conquered aliens, maybe even some aliens as slave races. A bit more facist than the Tau (if this is at all possible).

Imagine a whole army running around in Mk II-V armour, some old-styled dreadnoughts, a self-tailored terminator-equivalent and conversion beamers on land raiders. :D

shadowhawk2008
26-03-2011, 09:45
Aliens as slave races dont gel with the image of the Imperium or as its ideals under the Emperor so I doubt that. But the other possibilities are truly endless and mouth watering.

Inquisitor Engel
27-03-2011, 03:23
Would any of the Chaos Legions perhaps join them?

The Alpha Legion, I suspect, might like someone to fight those whom they find both perversions of their cause, and those they were forced to ally with.