PDA

View Full Version : Malekith on chariot for ard' boyz?

fastcarfreak
19-08-2010, 03:31
What are your thoughts of running Malekith on his black chariot for ard' boyz? I plan to run him in an army with 3 hydras, a unit or 2 of 12 coldone knights (1 w/ ring of hotek and standard of hag graef), a Cauldron of blood BSB, and a mix of harpys, RXBs, and warriors for core.

I dont want to hear from anyone who has a problem with 3 hydras, this is for ARD' BOYZ, so I'm expecting a ton of nasty lists.

Anyway, please give me your thoughts. BTW, this is a question of how you feel about him on a chariot.

sulla
19-08-2010, 04:48
Malekith is not as powerful as a supreme sorceress and a dreadlord, so if you want to take him, don't worry about power levels. That said, malekith on a chariot is a pretty good option. The chariot is strong enough to shrug off all but the most powerful hits and mallys armour can shrug off everything except magical hits.

fastcarfreak
19-08-2010, 12:08
Thank you. I was looking at it as, as long as I keep him away from h2h with people with magic weapons, he should be good. The other reason i was thinking about him, is because of his leadership 10. I planed to take death magic and the signature spell is great for toasting pretty much all enemy heroes and some lords (depending who your fighting) Against LD 8, he averages 2 wounds, which usually is enough take an enemy level 2 mage, or BSB out of the games. Plus the fact that he adds a power die, and dispel die seems to add an edge the magic phase. And if an enemy mage want to cast a spell on him... give it a shot... better IF it.

chivalrous
19-08-2010, 18:23
...I planed to take death magic and the signature spell is great for toasting pretty much all enemy heroes...

I was under the impression that Malekith could only take Dark Magic.

LanceSaba
19-08-2010, 19:46
yep he is stuck with dark magic so death isn't an option.

also he is a huge point sink at a hefty 710 points. and on a chariot he might get a better armor save but then he becomes slower that if he were to walk it. a rune cannon will probably make you lose the game vary vary quickly. Like you stated this is for 'ard boyz so every wizard is packing a power scroll or teclis and you will see IF flying at you left or right. also a lot of spells are vortex and if i am not mistaken chariots auto fail initiative test so say hello to an IF purple sun mowing down our wonderful lord for a guy half his points and you will keep casting on the rest of your army in subsequent rounds.

fastcarfreak
19-08-2010, 21:46
i guess that was quite the oversight on my part.. I didnt realize he was stuck with dark magic. I guess im scratching that idea...

LanceSaba
19-08-2010, 22:22
I know it looks bad but try him out in a couple of games. Do you have any strong list player in your area? also dark magic can be quite good. he should be able to cast every spell in the lore and soul stealer is a great spell.

sulla
20-08-2010, 05:33
I know it looks bad but try him out in a couple of games. Do you have any strong list player in your area? also dark magic can be quite good. he should be able to cast every spell in the lore and soul stealer is a great spell.He only gets the standard 4 + power of darkness, but yes, he should be able to cast them all. I've played him a couple of times (not in a chariot yet, though), and I think combining him with a metal sorceress for armour cracking seems to work best since dark struggles a little vs high toughness & armour like chaos. Word of pain is probably the critical spell for him to get, rather than black horror or soulstealer though. It's really the only way of dealing with the uber hordes of the game like khorne GW marauders.