PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Hard Boyz Tournament (3000pts.) Help Needed

Gmaleron
19-08-2010, 05:23
Hello everyone. After a few games under my belt i have decided to instead of proxying some wood elf models in combination with my high elves to just run wood elves in the upcoming hardboys tournament. Now bear with me i have put this list together based on the results of the few games i have tried them out in. Please tell me what you think as i am very much a rookie Wood Elf player and appreciate all your help.

LORDS AND HEROES: (995pts.)

-Wood Elf Highborn
*w/ Forest Dragon, Ogre Blade, Armour of Destiny, Shield

(*My Highborn with this setup has 4 Strength 6 attacks and with the armor of destiny with shield has a 4+ save with a 4+ ward save*)

-Spellsinger
*w/ Lvl. 2, Divination Orb

-Spellsinger
*w/ Lvl. 2, Dispel Scroll

(*My Spellsingers are here to do their best with the lore of Athel Loren and dispel what spells they can as best they can*)

-Noble BSB
*w/ Tearing Blade, Armour of fortune, Shield

(*Noble BSB has 3 armor piercing attacks at strength 4 making him -2 to opponents and with the Armor of Fortune + the shield has a 4+ save with a 5+ ward save*)

CORE: (1194pts.)

-x20 Glade Guard (12x2 *With Spellsinger*)
*w/ Musician

-x20 Glade Guard (12x2 *With Spellsinger*)
*w/ Musician

(*Glade Guard do what they do best; sit back on the flanks of my army and pour fire into anything coming near them or into a unit to weaken them up like sword masters*)

-x39 Eternal Guard (*Horde With Noble BSB*) 498
*w/ Full Command, Razor Banner

-x16 Dryads 204
*w/ Branch Nymph

(*The CC portion of my army doing what they can to survive and get into combat*)

RARE: (810pts.)

-x2 Treeman

-x10 Waywatchers

(*Super beefed up Rare section with 2 Treeman running around tearing bad guys apart while my waywatchers target either war machines or elite units like knights to hopefully killing blow them*)

TOTAL ARMY: 2999 POINTS

Woden'sGrugni
21-08-2010, 09:31
Seems okay, i would maybe drop the dragon for a lvl. 4 spellweaver but then again dragons are awsome you just may have some issues in the magic phase.

Crube
21-08-2010, 10:50
at 3K, isn't the 25% rare cap 750 points? (Just off nights, and no sleep, so may need to check ;))

As to the army, I'm personally not a fan of Waywaytchers, although 6 or 7 can be useful... I prefer scouts for a similar role (although without KB obviously). I'd also look at changing the dragon. For me they're too pricey for a WE army, that already has many expensive units. I prefer a Lvl4 spellweaver, or even occasionally a treeman ancient. (Maybe drop a treeman too, include an Ancient, to free up more points)

From the saved points (from dropping TM, Dragon and soem Waywatchers), I'd be ooking at something more manoeuvreable - maybe an eagle or 2, or even a couple of small units of Glade Riders or Warhawks for harrying those enemy warmachines and lone characters...

Just my 2p worth anyway.

TheKingInYellow
21-08-2010, 15:41
At 3k for hyper competetive I think I'd like an L4 and a Freeman ancient better... And no Tree Kin at all? Really?

Gmaleron
21-08-2010, 19:26
I know Treekin are awsome thats why in this redition i have included a unit of 5 of them so dont worry KinginYellow. Going over your guys advice i have once again tweaked my list so please tell me what you think:

LORDS AND HEROES: (914pts.)

-Highborn
*w/ Alter Kindred, Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Armor of Fortune, Shield

-Lvl. 4 Spellweaver
*w/ Lore of Life or Beasts, Divination Orb, The Rhymers Harp

-Noble BSB
*w/ Sword of Might, Helm of Discord, Light Armor, Shield

-Noble
*w/ Scout Kindred, Hail of Doom Arrow, Armour of the lucky Adventurer, Shield

CORE: (1002pts.)

-x20 Glade Guard (10x2)
*w/ Musician

-x20 Glade Guard (10x2)
*w/ Musician

-x40 Eternal Guard "Horde" (*Spellweaver and BSB Go Here*)
*w/ Full Command, Razor Banner

SPECIAL: (345pts.)

-x5 Treekin
*w/ Treekin Elder

RARE: (738pts.)

-x2 Treeman

-7 Waywatchers (*With Noble*)

TOTAL ARMY: 2999 POINTS

thesheriff
21-08-2010, 20:34
I would go with 3 treeman in 3k 'ard boys. An ancient with annoyance of netlings, cluster of radiants (375) A spellweaver with lv.4, Wand of Wych elm, Talismain of preservation. They work well in concert, 3 treeman is scary as hell, and a lv.4 with lore of life will keep your eternal guard ticking over. The only downside is that you'll have to find some alternative core, as to replace that filled by your eternal guard.

Gmaleron
21-08-2010, 21:10
I agree that would be awsome its just the fact that i am being forced to use these models due to the fact that that is all he has. Your idea was very sound sheriff but i only have 2 treeman models to use.

thesheriff
21-08-2010, 21:28
If i did'nt live on the other side of the atlantic, i would lend you my treeman (don't hold me to that though :p)

for a cheaper version, or a good ancient representation, LotR Ent is good, thats what i use for mine. True line of sight your ****ed though :cries:

Gmaleron
23-08-2010, 01:23
Good to know mate, however since im not on your side of the atlantic i have to look to my own devices. I actually somehow just beat a good empire player and army last year running a similar yet 2500 point list against him. I have to say the Highborn with 5 arrow shots that take away armor saves is pretty dang good :D

thesheriff
23-08-2010, 20:01
Yeah, i used to run him before life became even more beard (invocation of nehek....i mean regrowth on units of 5 treekin is pretty damn strong). its just a pain that all woodelves strengths lye in lord, core and rare. there are 3 really good lord builds;

*treeman ancient with cluster of radiants+annoyance of netlings = 375
*alter highborn with bow of loren+arcane bodkins+glamourweave = 270
*Spellweaver with Lore of life+Wand of wych elm+talismain of preservation = 350

just gotta make the choice of which 2 you want really

Warboss Doink
24-08-2010, 07:32
Your current army means, that you will instantly lose the battle in a blood and glory mission, if your eternal guard gets nuked by spells/misslefire/combat.