PDA

View Full Version : GW's Warhammer Chapel and houses

wilsongrahams
19-08-2010, 10:31
Hi guys, I recently bought the GW Chapel as it was in store, and had the intention of getting some houses to go with it.

Off I go to the GW Website but no such things exist - I was positive that they were available in the past and even that I thought they used many similar parts but were not so tall.

Am I totally crazy and they have never existed or are they just out of production?

It looks like I will need to buy Chapels and convert them a little - I could build my own from balsa etc, but it's time consuming and these days I'd rather save my modelling time for my miniatures.

I am aware that the Fortified Manor includes a Chapel and some joining parts in case anyone else thought that may have the 'house' kit I seem to have invented!

Anyone know what I'm talking about here?

EmperorNorton
19-08-2010, 10:37
Anyone know what I'm talking about here?
No, you are imagining things and should probably see a doctor. ;)

There never were any houses to go with the chapel, but they have been converting that kit quite a bit for pictures in White Dwarf and such. Maybe that's where you got the idea from.

wilsongrahams
19-08-2010, 10:43
Lol, thanks I'll take that advice!

You're probably right - it's WD pictures of battlefields that has got me interested in the CHAPEL to begin with - I'll drop the statues and lower the windows and shorten the chimney stacks.

Thank you.

Haravikk
19-08-2010, 11:07
The manor house kit includes the chapel and watchtower as part of it, but no individual houses that I know of! Forge World does some cottages and things that might go nicely?

Goldenwolf
19-08-2010, 14:10
In one of the Older editions there was a plastic/Cardboard house that could be assembled.

You can also find some nice free stuff online that Plasticard/Sheet Styrene can make usable after printing on Card Stock.

BorderKing
19-08-2010, 14:26
Goldenwolf, I think the cardboard house your thinking of was in the 6th edition starter set

chilledenuff
19-08-2010, 14:49
If mordhiem is still available there are card stock ruined buildings in there or you could try TSS: http://totalsystemscenic.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1110_1136_1172
They do bits and complete buildings, painted and unpainted. Nice stuff imho
a pickie:
http://totalsystemscenic.com/bmz_cache/6/61a3721a17f43af7011fe5a0de82eb83.image.300x230.jpg

wilsongrahams
19-08-2010, 17:41
Thanks guys - I'm loathe to use cardboard or resin really as they are both easily damaged when put away between battles. I don't mind resin for display pieces but for gaming terrain I like sturdy models that also look good - here is where I think cardboard lets itself down - too flat.

Those total scenic buildings are really good, but also lacking in character for what I want - I know I'm being really fussy here but I can afford to be - I have fifteen years worth of terrain accrued and the majority looks like railway terrain or chunks of polystyrene glued together (They are!). I have never imagined any warhammer buildings to be the traditional tudor style - that'd be far too simple - everything is over-engineered for the sake of it, and that's what I want to capture.

I think I'm going to take the plunge and get the Manor house and then convert another couple of houses from the Chapel - this way they will all look right together, especially when painted up the same.

I will also draft up an email to GW requesting Warhammer buildings - 40k gets far too many, and the Manor set is about all we really have apart from the temple of skulls. Variety beats repitition, especially with this being the year of warhammer supposedly.

Jind_Singh
20-08-2010, 23:32
The easiest is just converting their existing kits - actually there have been quite a few White Dwarfs this year with cool write ups on how they converted the sets for game play - they made coaching inns, burnt buildings (to show a raid), and all other great pieces.
It makes me sad as I'd love to try it out and buy the buildings but I play at the local GW so it would be a pain to bring in the pieces!

shelfunit.
21-08-2010, 09:39
There are always some of the forge world buildings, a bit expensive, but with GWs annual price rises soon they might be quite good value.