PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 1000pts, Can it work?

CapitanMee
19-08-2010, 13:26
Heroes
Warlock Engineer, Warp Energy Condenser, Lv 1, Doom Rocket-115pts
Chieftain, Battle Standard, Blade of Corruption, Enchanted Shield-112pts
Core
29 Clanrats, Spears, Shields, Banner, Musician, Warpfire Thrower-227pts
29 Clanrats, Spears, Shields, Banner, Musician, Poisoned Wind Mortar-222pts
21 Slaves, Musician-44pts
20 Slaves, Musician-42pts
Special
2 Rat Ogres, Packmaster-88pts
Rare
Doomwheel-150pts
-1000pts

I like this army a lot, and it will be all plastic which is a plus, but I played a game last night against WE and got thrashed. I know I made some stupid moves but was still hoping this list looked good. Any comments?

Bassik
19-08-2010, 13:36
The list looks very good indeed, if you got trashed it can't be the army list's fault. But can a BsB take other magic items? I tought not. Your best buy would be the stormbanner, negating shooting and flyers for at least one turn.

CapitanMee
19-08-2010, 13:45
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought a BSB could take other magic items so long as he didn't take a magic banner. And I thought about the Storm Banner but I now that I'm not always going to be playing WE, and as it turned out his army only had a unit of 10 Glade Guard and a unit of 5 Glade Riders; the rest was a lot of forest spirits and Wardancers.

theorox
19-08-2010, 13:55
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought a BSB could take other magic items so long as he didn't take a magic banner.

You are correct. Otherwise BSB's would be pretty worthless, i'd say. I would'nt keep them out of combat just to keep them alive...:)

Theo

Bassik
19-08-2010, 17:37
Must be some relic from an earlier edition, then.

Well then I don't see anything wrong with your list, but maybe you can get a third ratogre and promote that one to a champion? That way they become a real threat to the enemy, especially smaller units and flank charges.