PDA

View Full Version : Repeater Bolt Throwers - wounds vs crew

AMWOOD co
19-08-2010, 20:11
I may be reading this wrong, but I'd like to confirm with those who've already discussed the issue.

A war machine's Wounds ae always considered to be equal to the number of remaining crew models ... the wounds value on its profile is inculded only out of completeness.

Okay, so they're grandfathering with the wounds characterstic. Big deal. Does that mean that a Greenskin machine with a bully is considered to have 4 wounds (and I can remove the Orc last)? Also, does the bully grant an armour save to the machine at all anymore as he comes with light armour? I'm clarifying as I will be taking bullies anyway if just for the +1 Ld and advancement on the Size Matters scale (well worth 5 pts then and maybe more so now).

In like manner, High Elf and Dark Elf bolt throwers are thus reduced to 2 wounds on the machine as they only have two crew, correct? This seems pretty straight forward.

If these have already been discussed and you don't want to repeat a lengthy discussion then a link to the appropriate thread would do nicely. Merci.

Lord Zarkov
19-08-2010, 20:34
Yup, just the crew that matter now. So your Greenskin machines with bullies will indeed have 4 wounds, and Elf bolt throwers only have 2

Loopstah
19-08-2010, 20:38
If there isn't a specific order given then you can remove the crew in any order so you can remove the Bully last.

You can also use the best armour save amongst the crew so you can use the Bully's light armour save for all wounds.

AMWOOD co
19-08-2010, 21:51
Alright, so all my suspicions except 1 were correct. Good. Doubly so, in fact, as I figured I would not get to use my armour save. So for 5 points I give the machine an extra wound, and extra Ld, an upgrade on Size Matters (kind of good, kind of bad, mostly good), +1 WS for enemy to-hit rolls, +1 A from the orc, and it gets +1 armour (for a total of 6+). Also, the last 2 wounds it would suffer are at T4 while in combat (2 models, goblin and orc, I can choose which I want to use).

Does that sum it all up? If so, that's a lot for just 5 points. Then again, warmachines never were too hard to take down.

Loopstah
19-08-2010, 22:21
I can't seem to find anything explaining how you resolve attacks against mixed profile crew so that's a good question.

It only mentions using the majority toughness to resolve attacks.

greenmonsta
19-08-2010, 22:24
I was under the impression that if you used the armor save of the orc and he failed the save then you would have to take the model with that armor save out. Either that or use the armor save of the majority of the crew or is that 40k thinking.

SideshowLucifer
20-08-2010, 02:40
The rule states that you can use the best save. Nothing tells you to remove that model if the save is failed.

AMWOOD co
20-08-2010, 06:48
The rule states that you can use the best save. Nothing tells you to remove that model if the save is failed.

What rule? Where? I can't find it... *falls to the ground wimpering*

(sorry if I seem melodramatic, it's 2 am.)

Urgat
20-08-2010, 10:24
and advancement on the Size Matters scale (well worth 5 pts then and maybe more so now).

You sure? With that it makes nearby orcs panic if it dies.

SideshowLucifer
20-08-2010, 12:26
Good point, but honestly, how many orcs are going to be standing around in the bck with the bolt throwers?