PDA

View Full Version : High Elf and Skaven Battalion Price Increase?

Lungboy
19-08-2010, 20:06
I haven't seen theis mentioned already so i thoguht i'd post. In my local GW store, the price of the High Elf and Skaven battalions has gone up to 55, whilst all of the other battalions in the store were still 50. The webstore still has them both at 50 though. It could be an attempt to cash in with them being the starter armies, or it could have been a mistake by the store.

edit: actually, the Skaven one is 55 on the webstore, but the High Elf one is definitely 50. Odd.

Scryer in the Darkness
19-08-2010, 20:10
the price of the High Elf and Skaven battalions has gone up to 55
The Skaven one was always 55, the High Elves have gotten a new mix of contents as well as the price rise. This has been covered in the previous High Elves thread.

Lungboy
19-08-2010, 20:11
Ah ok, sorry. Just seemed weird that the in-store price was 5 more on the HE box, with the same contents.

Scryer in the Darkness
19-08-2010, 20:15
Ah ok, sorry. Just seemed weird that the in-store price was 5 more on the HE box, with the same contents.

Are you sure it's the same contents? There is a new one just being shipped to stores now that has similar but different contents: 20 Spearmen, 20 Archers, 1 Chariot and 1 Bolt Thrower.

I ask because you also said that all the other Battalions are 50, but you should find that the Empire and Beastmen ones are 60 and 55 respectively, not 50... unless your local is not very good at labelling their products. :D

Lungboy
19-08-2010, 20:24
Don't remember seeing a chariot, which is why i thought it was the old set. They didn't have any Beastmen or Empire Battalions, just Dark Elves, Brets, Warriors, Ogres, Lizards and Wood Elves that i saw.

Scryer in the Darkness
20-08-2010, 10:39
If it is the same contents, it's just a case of incorrect labelling during the changeover. The new battalion isn't an All-New Release™ it's just a repackage, and just as they did with the Tyranids one, it is simply getting shipped to stores in place of the old battalion once stock of that has run out in the warehouse. So you sometimes get individual stores labelling things with the incorrect new/old price. i.e. I know one store that currently has the new High Elf Battalion, but at the old price of 50.

t-tauri
20-08-2010, 10:48
Thread closed. All pricing discussion goes here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209297).