PDA

View Full Version : Gorechild information

KharnTheBetrayer01
20-08-2010, 21:27
Ok, so I'm looking for some fluff information about Gorechild (And maybe its twin Gorefather)

As far as I'm aware its just a massive chainaxe with a great legacy of bloodshed. Others seem convinced its a daemon weapon because of "Wrath of Kharn", written I think by Bill King... But thats the only reference I know of that shows any soul-sucking powers. Am I missing something here, or are they adding stuff?

Any help would be appreciated, either with references of Kharn using the axe, or Angron using it as a daemon prince... Anything

Col. Tartleton
20-08-2010, 21:35
Its very similar to a Frostblade in its design. Its teeth are made of a mica dragon or something (which I assume burrowed through solid rock with their teeth.) Its like how frostblades are made of kraken teeth. They're hard and sharp enough to confer the "powered" effect but they're just a masterfully crafted weapon.

Its not daemon weapon. His ability with it are his own and are a reflection of his madness. As you'll note he never takes wounds from it, only his squad. That's just him getting a bit... overzealous. The design being that it never misses because Kharne never misses so it hits on a fixed number and below that hits his own side. It essentially a power weapon that does AP like a monstrous creature. Its just an extension of Kharnes hand. Anyone else would just have a high quality weapon with him its OVERKILL!

KharnTheBetrayer01
20-08-2010, 22:00
Cheers for that Colonel. Thats what I was expecting, but I always like to make sure.

And of course, if anyone has a rebuttal, I'll gladly hear that too.

Son of Sanguinius
20-08-2010, 22:22
Cheers for that Colonel. Thats what I was expecting, but I always like to make sure.

And of course, if anyone has a rebuttal, I'll gladly hear that too.

If I am not mistaken, Gorechild was originally one of two axes used by Angron before his ascension, the other being Gorefather. I believe this was explained in Battle for the Abyss.

Angron's other known weapon was Brazentooth, which he gave to Lorgar as a symbol of alliance.

KharnTheBetrayer01
20-08-2010, 22:26
If I am not mistaken, Gorechild was originally one of two axes used by Angron before his ascension, the other being Gorefather. I believe this was explained in Battle for the Abyss.

Angron's other known weapon was Brazentooth, which he gave to Lorgar as a symbol of alliance.

I thought there was something like that. Makes Gorechild likely to be an incredibly well-made weapon... Still not Daemonic as such though.

Thanks for the info though Son O' Sanguinus

Son of Sanguinius
20-08-2010, 22:34
I thought there was something like that. Makes Gorechild likely to be an incredibly well-made weapon... Still not Daemonic as such though.

Thanks for the info though Son O' Sanguinus

You're welcome. I wouldn't be surprised if over the long years that Kharn has been around warp energies that Gorechild has picked up a demonic essence. There are all kinds of possibilities. Some examples: he could have tried possession for a while and had the demon removed, he could have a demon bound to the weapon but maintain incredible control over it, or he is simply insane and thinks the weapon is talking to him.

Col. Tartleton
20-08-2010, 22:51
@ trying possession out for a while...

Kharne: Hey doc, I tried this prescription you gave me and <WE DON'T GET ON WELL!> so I was wondering if there was an alternative that doesn't have these side <BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!> effects.

Sinister Apothecary: Hmm lets take a look. *sterilizes a reductor with a blow torch* Yeah, I'd say the Bloodletter is interfering with your implants. I should be able to excise the demon. However it is not without risks. Are you sure you're willing to do this?

Kharne: Yes I'm quite set on <CUT HIS PRECIOUS HEAD OFF FOR THE SKULL THRONE!> getting rid of it. Its really lowering my quality of life. To be frank my wife's worried about me and I'd like to be done with it.

Sinister Apothecary: I'm going to need you to fill out some paperwork and see some proof of insurance while I get my tools together.

Kharne: Wow this is so much better I feel like myself again. Now when I yell BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! it feels like I'm reaping their souls for the blood soaked king of slaughter instead of someone else.

Sinister Apothecary: I'm glad to hear that. Here's your copay.

Khorne: I'm thinking that I'm going to refrain from tearing your still beating heart out of your *** and you'll accept that as payment.

Sinister Apothecary: You're a very reasonable man.

Vulkan Rocks
20-08-2010, 23:04
Lol do
more