PDA

View Full Version : tear apart my list please

samminman911
21-08-2010, 05:16
i would like to say beforehand *i have never played a game of warhammer fantasy before.
i bought the 8th rulebook, 20 zombies, and the VC armybook.

i however would like to start playing fantasy and thus wrote a list for my VC.

here it is

Vampire lord w/ extra magic level, spectral, master of black arts, flayed hauberk
varghulf
2 vampires both with master of black arts, flayed hauberk
40 grave guard with great weapons and 2 champions
5 corpse carts
60 zombies

my whole strategy was to make a wall of zombies so my grave guard would advance unscathed while my 3 vampires summon as many zombies as possible (60 per turn if i'm lucky?).

this is probably a terrible list, but i have only played 40k imperial guard, and orks.
thanks

eyescrossed
21-08-2010, 05:32
Your list is illegal in so many ways.

Firstly, you can only have one of each Magic Item in your army (so no more than 1 Flayed Hauberk), and only one of each type on a single character (you couldn't give someone 2 Magic Weapons, for example).

Also, what's "spectral"? Do you mean Ethereal? You're not allowed to take Magic Items when you're Ethereal.

Not allowed to take 2 Champions in one unit, and you don't have enough points in Core.

Read the rule book, seriously. It will make much more sense to you if you do.

Crube
21-08-2010, 05:40
Thread moved to WFB Army lists

Crube
The Warseer Inquisition

samminman911
21-08-2010, 05:54
i was planning of 2 units of 20 grave guard
and 2 units of 30 zombies

looking back at the armybook i notice that first time reading through i ignored when it said "may not take magic items while ethereal" and "may only have one magic item per army"

however, i would still like to know what people think about my strategy in general (although i think feedback will be worse than whats written above)

thesheriff
21-08-2010, 08:56
Right, before you ask stratagy, you need to know how to make a list legal. You MUST abide by the following restictions;

You cannot have more allowance in one section than the following;

25% Lords
25% Heroes
AT LEAST 25% Core (thats 125 zombies, not 60!)
50% Special - Up to 3 of these can be the same choice (ie. 3 units of Grave Guard)
25% Rare - Up to 2 of these can be the same choice (ie. 2 units of Blood Knights)

You must take at least one charecter in each army (Lord or hero) that can be the army general (ie; you cant just take a Battle stadard bearer)

You cannot take more than one of the same magic item (armour, enchanted, weapon, arcane or magic banner).

Any charecter can only take one of each type of magic item (1 magic weapon, 1 set of magic armour)

the zombie screen tactic is variable. Using units of 30 zombies (10x3), as screens while grave guard setup in tight formations of 5x4 with shields sometimes works, but its very boring. Try branmching out into using skellies and some of the cooler rare choices like bloodknights and banshees

But, don't take this the wrong way. Its better we tell you your making a mistake now before you buy anything you wont use (although, you'll need alot more zombies!)

thesheriff

Methusula
22-08-2010, 07:17
So, to summerize what has been said - read the rulebook, make a legal list, and then we can try and critique it!