PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 K WOC mono-Slaanesh list

babyberg31
21-08-2010, 18:16
Hi there, so with the new edition, our list have to be tweaked a bit! So I'm exposing you my list to see what do you think. It's not a uber list, but a competitive one, at least, I think...

2499 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh 329 pts -Gen, lvl 3 caster
1 Chaos Steed
1 Spell Familiar (+1 spell)
1 Obsidian Amulet (MR2)
1 Subversive Telepath (third eye of Tzeentch) (ditto enemy mage spell's )

Exalted Hero of slaanesh 260 pts - BSB
1 Daemonic Mount (Causes Fear)
1 Chaos Runeshield (negate ennemy magic weapon)
1 Stream of Corruption (breath attack St3 -1 save)

35 Chaos Marauders GW, full command
205 pts

35 Chaos Marauders GW, full command
205 pts

5 chaos Hounds

5 Chaos Hounds

20 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh full command, Halberd
1 Banner of Rage
395 pts

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh, Flail, Throwing Spear
96 pts

6 Chaos Knights of Slaanesh, Musician, Standard Bearer
240 pts

4 Chaos Ogres of Slaanesh, Musician, Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Chaos Armor
240 pts

5 Chaos Trolls
225 pts

1 Hellcannon
205 pts

So I'm not taking a lvl 4 caster since I found it to much costly for so variable result. I've also finally decided to put the Banner of Rage on my Warrior to give them further punch, and with a LD8 + BSB, they should not charge mindlessly... And with this boost, they should rape most thing they touch... Giving them (in a 6 front wide formation) 25 attack F5 I5 WS5... So what do you think about this?

Tae
21-08-2010, 18:25
I know techincally it's not mono-Slaanesh, but I would really try and find a way to give your Sorcerer Lord the Third Eye of Tzeentch. Lore of Slaanesh is good, however the fact that against ItP armies half the spells are rubbish if not useless, the Third Eye would at least allow him to be useful! Otherwise you run the risk of having your Sorcerer Lord end up completely useless in some of your games.

babyberg31
21-08-2010, 20:24
I know techincally it's not mono-Slaanesh, but I would really try and find a way to give your Sorcerer Lord the Third Eye of Tzeentch. Lore of Slaanesh is good, however the fact that against ItP armies half the spells are rubbish if not useless, the Third Eye would at least allow him to be useful! Otherwise you run the risk of having your Sorcerer Lord end up completely useless in some of your games.

That ain't a bad idea... My uselessness would be decreased except from pure Khrone DOC and dwarfs... Have to get that little ''power''...

I'll just drop the musician on the marauder horseman, and I'll get to 2499 pts.

And we could imagine that Third eye of Tzeentch would be renamed, something like ''Subversive Telepath''. The owner of that power can enter the mind of a caster and project image of power, lust and luxury. While the target is lost in is thought, fantasizing, the caster can steal his toughs and is secrets...

babyberg31
22-08-2010, 19:18
No other comment, really? Give some WOC love plz :P

Knifeparty
23-08-2010, 05:13
It's cool that you stuck with the all MofS theme.

I tried...I really did, in the end though, my list only has 2 units of Slaanesh, everything is painted and has Slaanesh symbols all over them, but they are other marks.

I found the mark to be very useless on alot of units, and in order to stay competitive I changed their marks to others. But I kinda thought about it this way.

Mark of Khorne...oh yea their just really fanatical Slaanesh Cultists on drugs.
Mark of Nugle...they move so fast their hard to hit.
Mark of Tzeentch...Im a cheesy bastard who wants a better wardsave.
and so on.

Anyway, I like the list but i'd try to get some chosen up in there somewhere maybe by dropping trolls and hellcannon, I'm not sure how "Slaaneshy" those units are.

Enigmatik1
23-08-2010, 13:09
If you wanted to increase fluffiness, you could have all your units with a model count that is a multiple of 6. This may or may not save you enough points, when combined with the dropping of the Trolls (which are a bit too crude to fit with Slaanesh's theme imho) to squeeze in some Chosen.

I really like the Hellcannon, but with Chosen on the board, I'd drop it for a Warshrine...which would also save points. I would recommend trying both set ups to see which one you like best.

Overall, it's a good list that I think would be fun to play and play against while still being tough.

babyberg31
23-08-2010, 15:08
yeah... well, fitting a chosen unit is kind of hard! 18 of them is kinda of costly... and how should I outfit them?

I'm thinking that 18, halberd and rapturous standard would be a great match. +1 move would be good to, 10'' march move slaanesh chosen would be great.

I'm trying to give all unit a multiple of three, not that easy...

babyberg31
23-08-2010, 15:09
here is the new list... the only problem is that I'm 42 point over. And I don't know where I could found some loose points.

2496 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Sorcerer (1#, 216pts)
1 Sorcerer of Slaanesh @ (General; Mark of Slaanesh; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor)
1 Chaos Steed
1 Charmed shield (discount first hit on 2+)
1 Spell Familiar (+1 spell)
1 Obsidian amulet (MR2)
1 Third Eye of Tzeentch (ditto spell)

Exalted Hero (2#, 240 pts)
1 Exalted Hero of Slaanesh (Battle Standard Bearer) @ 260 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Battle Standard Bearer)
1 Chaos Runeshield

Chaos Marauders (36#, 210 pts)
35 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 210 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)
1 Chieftan of Slaanesh (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)

Chaos Marauders (36#, 210 pts)
35 Chaos Marauders of Slaanesh @ 210 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)
1 Chieftan of Slaanesh (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon)

Chaos Hounds (6#, 36 pts)
6 Chaos Warhounds @ 36 pts

Chaos Hounds (6#, 36 pts)
6 Chaos Warhounds @ 36 pts

Chaos Warriors (18#, 363 pts)
17 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh @ 363 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; shield)
1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor)
1 Banner of Rage

Marauder Horsemen (6#, 106 pts)
6 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh @ 106 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Flail; Throwing Spear; Fast Cavalry)
6 Warhorse

Chaos Knights (6#, 280 pts)
6 Chaos Knights of Slaanesh @ 280 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Barding; Hand Weapon; Chaos Armor; Shield; Causes Fear)
6 Chaos Steed
1banner of ethernal flame (falmin attack)

Chaos Ogres (3#, 160 pts)
3 Ogres of Slaanesh @ 160 pts (Always Strikes Last; Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Great Weapon; Chaos Armor; Causes Fear)

Chosen (18#, 407 pts)
17 Chosen of Slaanesh @ 407 pts (Mark of Slaanesh; Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor; shield)
1 Champion of Slaanesh (Mark of Slaanesh; Hand Weapon; Halberd; Chaos Armor)
1 Favour of the Gods
1 Wailing banner (terror)

Chaos Warshrine (1#, 140 pts)
1 Chaos Warshrine of Slaanesh @ 140 pts (Mark of Slaanesh)

Lordsaradain
23-08-2010, 15:28
Your BSB is abit too costly IMO.
How were you planning on using him?

Wouldn't he be better on foot in your warrior unit?

Also, your warriors should have shields to protect them from shooting/magic.

Give your sorcerer charmed sheild or something to improve his armour save abit. ;)

Knifeparty
23-08-2010, 15:34
Give the chosen the Terror banner from the new book.

That way when they roll for the eye of the gods at the beginning of the game you have a very high chance of getting stubborn/wardsave.

they will re-roll all double 1's and rolls of 7 as well as any roll for that gives them fear/terror because they already cause it. Then you can bump any other rolls up or down to allow you to re-roll them until you get double 6's. The only thing you can't really re-roll is a 4 or a 5. But then you have the warshrine too on you're first turn.

I'd say take off Stream of Corruption and the daemonic mount from your BSB both of these things are relatively useless i'd say. Save some points.

babyberg31
23-08-2010, 16:25
Yeah, so, I've dropped the steam of corruption (was useful in challenge thought...). And I've dropped the Sorceror Lord for a hero magician.

I really can't let down the daemonic mount on the exalted... it's kind of a centrepiece of my army ;)

And with the lord let down, I have now 4 points left, after putting shield to warrior + chosen

babyberg31
23-08-2010, 19:44
I've also given the flaming banner on knight so they can hunt big monster even with regen (hydra + HPA), hope they fill that role!

Enigmatik1
23-08-2010, 20:33
Good changes imo.

I really like Stream of Corruption myself, but if something had to go to make room for the other changes, I think it's a small price to pay.

One thing you might want to consider if you want to eek out more points to put it back is to think about where your characters are going and drop one model from each of those units. This way, you still have multiples of 6 after you deploy.

The only bad thing about this is that it tips your hand somewhat to your opponent if he's paying attention and/or knows the deal with Slaanesh and the number 6. What we do to combat this is to put down "placeholder" models in units and remove them when we place characters, that way it isn't quite so obvious that certain units will have characters in them.