PDA

View Full Version : horrors loosing levels/spells

Dark Aly
21-08-2010, 21:56
this was sort of touched upon in another thread discussing cupped hands and it's effect on horrors. the argument was that if cupped hands forces the horrors to loose a level then in the next (the deamon) magic phase does this effect still stand as the horrors magic level is calculated at the begining of each magic phase.

What i wished to ask is how does this work with other things that either remove magic levels or spells. for example, aldreds casket, seal of destruction and rune of spell eating (theres probably others too)

PS- sorry if i don't make too much sense as i've had a little drinky this evening.

Bodysnatcher
21-08-2010, 22:06
Horrors generate their level and available spells at the start of every magic phase. That means that destroying a spell is slightly pointless as they'll get it back. Conversely, if they get healed up from below 5 they won't be able to cast until their following phase.
To save some seriously messy ruling we play that any miscast of any kind from any source on the horrors is always converted to the 'remove D6 models' one.

Dark Aly
21-08-2010, 22:08
guess i'll still use mortars to neutralise horrors then. it does seem overly messy to apply any other form of miscast to horrors though.

what about black tongue though? do you alter the D6 wounds by D3?

Bodysnatcher
21-08-2010, 22:49
I assume you mean the puppet - no, the puppet alters the roll on the miscast chart, horrors don't roll on the miscast chart.

Dark Aly
22-08-2010, 05:47
I assume you mean the puppet - no, the puppet alters the roll on the miscast chart, horrors don't roll on the miscast chart.

Yeah- i keep getting them two mixed up- stopped using my chaos so much since all the changes. thankyou