PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dwarf Army & Rules totally Unofficial now?

Alric
22-08-2010, 05:21
So now with out any listing of the Chaos Dwarf Army in any current official GW rule book , are they officially an unofficial warhammer army ?

Zetan
22-08-2010, 16:11
So now with out any listing of the Chaos Dwarf Army in any current official GW rule book , are they officially an unofficial warhammer army ?

It's hard to answer this question for certain, since GW doesn't generally declare things as "unofficial."

A question with a much more definite answer would be, "Will GW allow Chaos Dwarves in the 2011 'Ard Boyz Tournament?" I don't know the answer, but someone might.

Agoz
22-08-2010, 16:20
From what I understand, GW hasn't allowed army lists without books in tournaments for the last few years. Other than GW events... its really up to the group you play with.

Zetan
22-08-2010, 16:25
From what I understand, GW hasn't allowed army lists without books in tournaments for the last few years. Other than GW events... its really up to the group you play with.

Actually, CD were still allowed in the 2010 'Ard Boyz: http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m430070a_FantasyArdBoyzRules.pdf

sholcomb
22-08-2010, 18:59
I am playing Chaos Dwarfs in this year's Ard' Boyz tournament, as I did last year. So far the posted rules look exactly the same. I have also played Chaos Dwarfs in many GW tournaments recently (though not in 8th yet).

According to Ravening Hoards, this 'get you by' list is official until a normal army book comes out. Unless GW expressly says otherwise, it's still official. Of course, tournament organizers can do whatever they want, but I have never been to a tournament where they said CD were forbidden.

Yrrdead
23-08-2010, 04:45
Well considering the 2011 'Ard Boyz info pack still makes reference to "Beasts of Chaos" and has an asterisk about Skaven having a new Army Book , I'm pretty sure it hasn't been touched in awhile.

All they did was change the date on it.