PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Dark Elf List, First List Coming from Ogres!

smallgreenguy
22-08-2010, 15:14
Hey all, I'm a long time Ogre and Wood Elf player, and I'm looking to start up Dark Elves. Anyways, here is my first crack at a 2250 list. Would really appreicate critique or suggestions. My lvl 4 sorceress is going in the 20 strong warrior unit. Not sure whether Ill put my level 2 there as well, or in the 40 strong unit (don't want her to get hit if the level 4 miscasts), so any suggestion there would be nice as well! Haven't completely decided on lores yet, but I'm thinking of death for the level 2, and either shadow or dark magic for the level 4. Possibly switched.

Lord
-------

Supreme Sorceress, level 4, Sac Dagger, 4+ Ward Talisman

Heroes
--------

Sorceress, level 2, Dispell Scroll

Master, BSB, Armor of Darkness, Dawnstone

Core
--------

14x Repeater Crossbowmen, musician

40x Warriors, shield, FC, Warbanner

20x Warriors, shield FC

Special
---------

5x Cold One Knights (naked)

5x Shades, ahw

Rare
---------

War Hydra

War Hydra

Reaper Bolt Thrower

Total: 2225

Have 25 points left. Not sure whether the 40 strong unit of warriors should have war banner or banner of murder. Had two sets of shades, but decided to take one set out in favor of a group of 5 naked cold ones, if nothing else using them as a unit to go up the flank and take fire for a turn or two, still wondering whether shades would be more useful instead - and if so, what to spend the additional points on. Will be using the 23 strong unit as a sac pit for the level 4 sorc. One of my only real concerns is that I "feel" like I lack flankers - though I do have 2 hydras, however the unit of COKs will be used more as a sacrificial unit than anything else. Though I can't really justify taking out anything to add something like Corsairs, and Black Guard just seems like a lot of points to sink into something that dies relatively easily to shooting.

Any comments would be very helpful. Thanks!

tmarichards
22-08-2010, 20:02
Give the warriors the Banner of Murder.

Personally I'd drop the Reaper and bump the knights up to 6 with full command and the flaming banner.

smallgreenguy
22-08-2010, 22:58
I redid the list a little bit in light of looking it over, and am wondering once again what you may think. Main changes are taking out the unit of 20 warriors, the cold ones, and the RBT, and instead added another unit of shades and a unit of 20 BG to make my close combat a little better. I will put my SS in one of the RxB units and use them to sacrifice (as the closer enemy units get, the less I'll that one unit of RxBs.) Any feedback welcome!

Lord: 330

Supreme Sorceress 225, lvl 4 35, Pendant 35, Sac Dagger 25

Heroes: 315

Sorceress 100, lvl 2 35, Dispell Scroll 25

Master 80, BSB 25, Armor of Darkness 25, Dawnstone 25

Core: 720

14x Repeater Crossbowmen, mus, shields 159

35x Warriors, shield, FC, Warbanner 285

Special: 490

5x Shades ahw, 85

5x Shades ahw, 85

20x Black Guard, FC, Banner of Murder 320

Rare: 350

War Hydra 175

War Hydra 175

total: 2237

meneroth
23-08-2010, 02:40
i dunno if this list is competative or not but you dont have the pendant or the ring in here anywhere. i would give the pendant to the supreme sorc. instead of the ward save, its cheaper and better, especially for miscasts. I would try and fit the ring in on the black guard champion or give it to the BSB, just make sure they stay away from your own casters. besides that....i dont like shades anymore, too expensive for what they do but its worth trying out. they can kill off light cav like no-one's buisness so thats what i would use them for.

everything else seems fine, though its a very different list than i would think about running.

oh, for your casters, fire or metal might not be a bad idea so they can buff the xbows and help them either hit or wound depending on the lore you go with. i would give at least one of your casters death though because you dont have anything in the list that can effectivly deal with big bad combat characters (vamps, ogres, ect)

smallgreenguy
24-08-2010, 18:34
While the ring is certainly an amazing item, I just don't see how it really synergizes very well with 2 casters, one being my lord. If anything, the dark elf magic phase is possibly the strongest (save LM), and I can only see the Ring hurting me more than the opponent. I'll be going Death on my level 4, and possibly the level 2. If going against a high initiative army I'll go for Dark magic in the same way.

Still open to any suggestions though, or suggestions about the Ring too, as obviously its a great item. How do people feel about Black Guard now?

fivedollashake
25-08-2010, 02:51
I've enjoyed giving my BSB the ASF banner and sticking him in a unit of Executioners..they will strike first MOST of the time and are quite nasty. I also drop my unit of BG to around 12 to use as a support unit to the executioners, unless I drop some stuff to make them 20. One Hydra should be enough. Also think about subbing the Shades for Dark Riders...

tmarichards
25-08-2010, 14:17
[QUOTE=smallgreenguy;4936910] I'll be going Death on my level 4, and possibly the level 2. If going against a high initiative army I'll go for Dark magic in the same way.

QUOTE]

Wouldn't recommend this, it's cheating

puckus10
25-08-2010, 15:23
While the ring is certainly an amazing item, I just don't see how it really synergizes very well with 2 casters, one being my lord. If anything, the dark elf magic phase is possibly the strongest (save LM),

Personally i think the two best magic users are HE and LM, not DE but they are up there

smallgreenguy
25-08-2010, 16:17
Wouldn't recommend this, it's cheating

Obviously at a tournament I'm not going to do that because you list your lore anyways, but on gaming weekends im not sure why you'd limit yourself to only ever using one lore for your army.

Personally i think the two best magic users are HE and LM, not DE but they are up there

Like I said, save LM, and sure High Elves are good too. Not really the point though, was just curious if anyone had a good argument for taking the Ring in a caster heavy army because so many people seem to suggest it.