PDA

View Full Version : The Carrion King Of Carcassonne

Nocculum
22-08-2010, 22:09
The Carrion King of Carcassonne

Time, as with the entire arduous nature of living, is fleeting and lacklustre. I spent many years of my mortal life biding the moments and scrabbling together seconds seeking opportunity to tempt fate, elude death, evade transgression and fate. It was fitting, in the end, that I should find and solicit my answer to my question not through victory, but through defeat.

Chateau Liviol stood on the banks of the river Sannez for almost two centuries, a bastion against the shadows and hallowed creatures of the night. I still look out from its ruined windows across the icy waters, to the distant abomination of Couronne and its fetid, encumbering marsh lands. I used to envy that region, when it was mine to claim through birth right and the passing of lineage from heir to heir. There is too much at stake now to trifle with the intricacies of fiefdoms, too many daggers aimed at the necrotic flesh on my back to stake a claim in the noble’s folly.

Bats and blight spirits howl about the battlements, and the great Varghulf that was once named Candela stalk for forests along the river banks, and in night’s embrace Breton, the fae enchanted kingdom, fears the stalker in its mist. It is a pity, then, that the villain in this keep is not the man telling you his tale, but the man who took my life, and gave it to the soulless void of that petulant king of old – Ancash. We shall see, in the coming days, if I can break the tenements of this curse and quench the thirst.

It is doubtful, of course, that I shall ever be able to stay my blade and not take a calm and elegant pleasure in the slaughtering of the living and the engorgement that follows – the warm, succulent nutrition of spiritual crimson…but even the dead dream, even if they sleep only through habit, and require goals only through the diminishing need to divide eternity into memorable fragments, aeons into minutes of glory.

A fan-fiction unravelling in many parts, built about the history and trials of the Vampire Lord Lebaya, The Carrion King of Carcassonne - a Blood Dragon, consumed by war and loathing for Bretonnia, from whence he came and to that end he returns to those lands.

Son of Sanguinius
23-08-2010, 03:35
Very interesting. I'd love to see where you go with this.

I'd change the second occurrence of the word fate to consequence or time. You use it twice in the same sentence.

Pacorko
28-08-2010, 07:07
Mooore!

Please. ;)