PDA

View Full Version : Quick BSB question.

Svarten
23-08-2010, 00:12
´ello.

Can a BSB, more precisely a Skaven BSB, use a shield?

//Tommy

Loopstah
23-08-2010, 08:41
He has the option to buy one so yes. It would work the same way as a Great Weapon or Additional Hand weapon both of which a BSB can use while holding a giant flag.

Crube
23-08-2010, 08:44
There is nothing in the BSB entry in the Skaven book that says you can't. You can buy a chieftain a shield, and upgrade him to be a BSB...

So yes, a Skaven BSB can carry a shield

Little Joe
23-08-2010, 08:50
yes he can.

BSB are allowed to take any option available to the hero holding it, he could even take a two handed weapon or two hand weapons. This is because they are now considered as normal standard bearers with special rules, and these are allowed all option available to the unit(replace by character here).

Bear in mind that this also includes the rules for last stand, killing him when his unit breaks from combat.

Only other reference I could find:
FAQ Armybook
Q: Can a Standard Bearer use a weapon that requires two hands?
Can he use an additional hand weapon? (p94)
A: Yes to both questions.

Artinam
23-08-2010, 08:57
Note that some older armybooks still have restrictions regarding BSB's but these can be found in their armybooks (to my knowledge: Bretonnia, Empire, Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs and Goblins(Black Orc BSBs can have GW's though).

Although, 8th has removed the restriction for magical shields though for some races (all except Dwarves I think).

So yes Skaven BSBs can use shields and any normal equipment and are not restricted in their options (a trend since the High Elf book).

Svarten
23-08-2010, 10:52
Ok, thanks :)

Just wanted to be sure before I mail in my tournment list ^^