PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Shield = 15 Points???

SiNNiX
23-08-2010, 00:17
So the rulebook states that if a Magic Item is also in an army rulebook, the price in the army rulebook takes precedence. However, almost every single army in the game has the Enchanted Shield priced at 15 points, while it is priced at 5 points in the rulebook. So basically... it's 15 points... not 5?

Zaustus
23-08-2010, 00:31
Pretty much.

Lord Inquisitor
23-08-2010, 00:36
Except for Ogres. While it seems clear they were originally not meant to have access to the enchanted shield, there's nothing stopping you now it seems.

Clegane
23-08-2010, 00:36
It's only five points to give it to an Ogre Kingdoms character. ;)

SiNNiX
23-08-2010, 01:42
That's pretty dumb.

Damocles8
23-08-2010, 02:08
You'll probably see the 5 pt. shields in upcoming army books....

SiNNiX
23-08-2010, 04:49

Well yeah, I just wish they Errata'd it for the rest of the armies. But then again, it's not really a huge deal. The only reason I was freaking out was because I am currently in the process of building my 3k WOC army and just want to finish up the planning so I can go ahead and purchase it. I had given my Chaos Lord on a dragon an Enchanted Shield for 5 points, and then my brother pointed that out to me when he was reviewing it. But it's all good now, because I've taken out a 5-point Marauder so I can give him Dragonhelm instead. 1+ armour save, 2+ Ward against flaming, 3+ Ward normal! Yay!

Zetari
23-08-2010, 10:47
5 points for a sheild with 5+ save for 5 points iiisssssssssssss awsommmeeh!!

saitani
23-08-2010, 12:26
Loving it on my my bruiser bsb combined with mawseeker heavy armour cathyan longsword and crown of comand makes a fun character t6 and 3+armour :)

Damocles8
23-08-2010, 14:11
Well yeah, I just wish they Errata'd it for the rest of the armies. But then again, it's not really a huge deal. The only reason I was freaking out was because I am currently in the process of building my 3k WOC army and just want to finish up the planning so I can go ahead and purchase it. I had given my Chaos Lord on a dragon an Enchanted Shield for 5 points, and then my brother pointed that out to me when he was reviewing it. But it's all good now, because I've taken out a 5-point Marauder so I can give him Dragonhelm instead. 1+ armour save, 2+ Ward against flaming, 3+ Ward normal! Yay!

But I still like paying 25 pts. for the War Banner instead of the 35 in the rulebook....

SiNNiX
23-08-2010, 18:37
But I still like paying 25 pts. for the War Banner instead of the 35 in the rulebook....

Yeah, not really sure why that is considering the normal +D3 CR Banner is usually 50 points.

Tae
23-08-2010, 20:30

Nope.

What they're doing is not including any common magic items in future books, as the BRB has them. So individual army books can instead focus on having a much smaller number of unique magic items - rather than every book having to get in a 4+ ward save item, balance it points wise, make up the fluff, etc. etc. etc.

Damocles8
23-08-2010, 20:33
Nope.

What they're doing is not including any common magic items in future books, as the BRB has them. So individual army books can instead focus on having a much smaller number of unique magic items - rather than every book having to get in a 4+ ward save item, balance it points wise, make up the fluff, etc. etc. etc.

Well it would be a 5 point Enchanted Shield in the Army Book then......

Ramius4
23-08-2010, 20:39
Well it would be a 5 point Enchanted Shield in the Army Book then......

No, because they'll just say "common magic items. See main rulebook."

Lord Inquisitor
23-08-2010, 20:48
Nope.

Possibly. I would expect to see an even more bloated list of largely-redundant or overcomplicated magic items in the new books ... Time will tell.

Urgat
23-08-2010, 21:44
Except for Ogres. While it seems clear they were originally not meant to have access to the enchanted shield, there's nothing stopping you now it seems.

I'd totally convert an ogre with shield because of that, if I wasn't sure that the next OK book is going to include something that prevents them from taking shields :o

Lord Inquisitor
23-08-2010, 22:01
I'd do it and worry about a new book later. It could always count as an Ironfist later...

Malorian
23-08-2010, 22:03
I'd do it and worry about a new book later. It could always count as an Ironfist later...

Or one of the other magic shields...

Urgat
24-08-2010, 03:35
Or one of the other magic shields...

I'd totally convert an ogre with shield because of that, if I wasn't sure that the next OK book is going to include something that prevents them from taking shields :o

Yeah, that would totaly make a difference if it's not the enchanted shield :p
I can also see the ironfists having new rules.

Possibly. I would expect to see an even more bloated list of largely-redundant or overcomplicated magic items in the new books ... Time will tell.

I can see the common items being dealt with more or less as they are now: just a list of names, and an adjusted point cost. As it should be, really. The additional page would take the spot of the army selection page :p