Great bray shaman(goes in tower)
folding fortress
lvl4

335pts

Heroes

bray shaman(goes in tower)
staff of darkoth
125pts

bray shaman(goes in tower,puts herdstone behind tower)
shard of the hedstone
125pts

bray shaman(scouting kandon caster)
lvl2
skin of man
power scroll
160pts

gorebull
bsb
HA
beastbanner
268pts
Core:

26 gors
ahw
musician
standard bearer
223pts

26 gors((doombull goes here))
ahw
musician
standard bearer
223pts

12 gors(ambushing)
ahw
96pts

12 gors(ambushing)
ahw
96pts

15 gors
ahw
120pts

6 warhounds
36pts

6 warhounds
36pts

6 ungor raiders
36pts

6 ungor raider
36pts
Special:

6 minotaurs
great weapons
378pts

5 harpies
55pts

5 harpies
55pts

Rare:
Cygor
275pts

Total:2995

Knifeparty
23-08-2010, 01:11
Im not seeing much of an army here.

There's lots of kinda crap units that are really small so they won't even stick around because of Steadfast.

You have 1 decent combat unit in the Minotaurs who aren't even frenzied because you need a Doombull or Gorbull in the unit for that to occour.

Your not taking any other really strong units like another Minotaur unit or Beastigors

You need at least a couple chariots i think.

The Cygor will die turn 1 or 2 to any amount of shooting and kinda sucks in combat. And due re-rolls from the BSB in this edition, it's abilities vs mages won't work 9 times out of 10.

You're taking too many characters I think. I see what you're doing with the mages but with a 12 dice max in the magic phase I think you're waisting points on 4 casters. Drop some and buy more units.

Magic Items could be better thought out. Doombull need a wardsave I think. Also the Axes of Khorgor are kinda useless when you consider that you have primal fury which gives you hatred, and you're strength 6 or more and will wound most things on 2+ anyway.

I don't think that putting a magic banner on the Gorbull is wise, as you will probly be putting it in a gor unit i guess? Any unit that has to rely on a 75 pt banner to be usefull is not worth investing all those points into when you could buy another unit like Beastigors with better strength, weapons and armour save for about the same amount of points.

I'm not sure what that tiny unit of gors is doing, are they there to fill your core %? If so why don't you just beef those gor units up so that they have a better chance of being steadfast when they inevitably loose combat.

In 8th ed bigger is better.

exodusofman
23-08-2010, 12:35
i dropped my 26 strong bestigor unit for 15 gors,the cygor . i find bestigors to be decent but not the greatest. please do tell me what these crap units are please. those little gor herds incase you didnt read are for ambushing. harpies hunt warmachines (Duh) dog make for a good screen. the raiders accompany my kandon bray shaman to the flank then after shoot at warmachines or try to wittle down enemy infantry formations.

Malladorin
23-08-2010, 13:13
I think he was suggesting that there just isn't enough bulk to the army. A couple more sizable units would do a world of good. I'm not a fan of the whole folding fortress/multiple shaman thing. Seems rather lame to my eyes (but then I think the whole concept behind the item is dumb). Saying that, it may well work.

Oh, about the small got units, I'd run the ambushers a bit bigger to be honest. As the other guy said, the unit of 15 Non-ambushers doesn't seem too much use and could be used to bulk other units out a bit.

There's another multiple shaman/folding fortress list on these boards somewhere that manages to squeeze nearly all of the things you have, while putting some serious, bulky units on the board.

Knifeparty
23-08-2010, 14:26
Hey no use getting upset, if I came across as an ass i apologize. Just putting my comments in.

Yes I get that the one's that said "ambushing" beside them were for ambushing:rolleyes: Im just not sure they'll do much good in that roll though. You already have lots of dogs as screens/ re-directers, you have harpies for war machine hunting both of which do their job well. So why the smallish units of gors? They still kinda suck even as a flanking unit. I'd say mash the 2 ambushing units into one large one. At least it'll stick around. To be honest if I saw a 15 man gor unit come onto the table I would think "oh look more victory points" but if I saw a 35 man gor unit come on beside my artillery hill I would have to adjust my tactics to deal with it.

I still think you have at least 1 shamman too many.

Im just a big believer of things running in pairs. One anvil unit in the front to take a beating and hold steadfast, and the hammer unit in the flank to deal the damage. And I'm just thinking that this army doesn't have enough Anvil and Hammer units to survive at 3k.