PDA

View Full Version : Mk II Rhino - Fluffy for Late Crusade/Heresy Era?

Khazagor
23-08-2010, 02:39
Hello everyone, had a question on my mind that I haven't been able to get an answer for yet.

When was the Mk II Rhino introduced into the Space Marine arsenal and would it be considered fluffy for the Late Great Crusade/Horus Heresy era? Or am I just out of luck if I want to field a Rhino? Reasons being, I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on a Mk I Rhino on eBay and my conversion skills aren't the best.

Thanks in advance,
~ Khaz

P.S. If there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind furnishing 2 Mk. I Rhino conversion kits, please feel free to PM me and perhaps we can work out the details.

AndrewGPaul
23-08-2010, 09:52
I don't think there's ever been any mention of when it was introduced. Until Imperial Armour vol 2, I think the official stance was that the new kit was a retcon of the old, rather than a different design.

Askil the Undecided
23-08-2010, 11:37
I found this on the banner on this very site yesterday.

Rhino Mk I Conversion Kit - Chapterhouse Studios (http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=60&category_id=4)

also you might consider (because it's so awesome.)

Armoured Rhino Conversion Kit - Chapterhouse Studios (http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=56&category_id=4)

TheRedAngel
23-08-2010, 11:39
Yep, no time of change mentioned even in the IA Rhino article.
The 'collected visions' depicts mostly the old design and shows the new one only two or three times somewhere in the later part of the book.
Whether this is due to to the new design just being introduced or just mistakes by the artists (unfortunately they have quite a lot of 'wrong' pictures in there) is anyone's guess.

chivalrous
23-08-2010, 12:07
Reasons being, I don't want to spend a huge amount of money on a Mk I Rhino on eBay

How much is a huge amount? I didn't think the old Rhino's went for more than a couple of quid plus another for postage.

Wyrmwood
23-08-2010, 14:10
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OOP-Citadel-Warhammer-40k-Space-Marines-Rhino-APC-/250686435081?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL

Cheap as chips.

Khazagor
24-08-2010, 00:09
Wow Wyrmwood, good find, if only I had the $3.50 I needed for that + shipping, lol.

And wow, I mean just wow, there's so many more Mk. I Rhinos for sale on the UK ebay site (I did a comparison), and all relatively resonably priced, I'll have to start ordering all of my 40k stuff from the UK. =)

I'm from the U.S. btw, so yeah, it sucks here, gonna move to the UK I think sometime in the future.

Wyrmwood
24-08-2010, 00:18
Wow Wyrmwood, good find, if only I had the $3.50 I needed for that + shipping, lol.

And wow, I mean just wow, there's so many more Mk. I Rhinos for sale on the UK ebay site (I did a comparison), and all relatively resonably priced, I'll have to start ordering all of my 40k stuff from the UK. =)

I'm from the U.S. btw, so yeah, it sucks here, gonna move to the UK I think sometime in the future.

Ah apologies - still though, I've yet to see an OOT Rhino go above 5 or so, so even ordering from the UK with shipping etc, it's probably a lot cheaper than buying a MK.II Rhino from a GW/Hobby centre over in the US.

Ah you see, I plan to leave the UK asap - fancy trading homes? :p