PDA

View Full Version : magic phase question

MarioelKamui
23-08-2010, 03:56
Hi, two questions, 1) can the dwarfs generate "magic dice" in they magic fase, for example to dispel a permanent spell? 2) can all the armies generate "magic dice" although they dont have any caster?

Bloody Nunchucks
23-08-2010, 04:13
i dont know about the first question, although i would think they can. as for the second question that is a yes

Deetwo
23-08-2010, 04:14
Wizards and runepriests are not necessary for basic pool dice generation.

Yrrdead
23-08-2010, 04:20
For hilarity reread Step 5 and the last paragraph of the Magic Section (pg 37).

Jetty Smurf
23-08-2010, 07:45
For hilarity reread Step 5 and the last paragraph of the Magic Section (pg 37).

I have no idea what the hell this has to do with anything (Step 5 is the "Next Spell" section). :wtf::confused:

As for generating power dice, unless there is a special dwarf rule I am unaware of, yes, they do indeed generate power dice. I can't see why they wouldn't be prevented from using these to dispel either. That leads me to believe that if there are any remains in play spells, it's worthwhile for the dwarven player to generate some power dice and dispel the RiP spells.

I may be wrong though, so please, if I am, include a page ref or a faq/errata quote. :)

Whitehorn
23-08-2010, 08:16
i dont know about the first question, although i would think they can. as for the second question that is a yes

Odd you answer it that way when it's the same question.

Little Joe
23-08-2010, 08:35
Hi, two questions, 1) can the dwarfs generate "magic dice" in they magic fase, for example to dispel a permanent spell? 2) can all the armies generate "magic dice" although they dont have any caster?

Yes any army generates dice in their magic phase. Dwarfs are best off here since the army special rule states they dispel with +2, other armies need a wizard to dispel or use the dice to cast.
That is also why the black coach is so powerfull now, a lot of dice to go around.

Yrrdead
23-08-2010, 08:45
I have no idea what the hell this has to do with anything (Step 5 is the "Next Spell" section). :wtf::confused:
*Snip*

I was referring to the paragraph at the bottom of page 37.

[quote=BRB]"When the casting player has finished all his casting attempts, either because he has run out of power dice or has no remaing or useful spells to cast (or if all his Wizards have had their concentration broken by failing to cast a spell) the Magic phase ends, and the Shooting phase begins."[quote]

I find it humorous that the wording tends to indicate that an army with no Wizards has no magic phase.

Little Joe
23-08-2010, 09:21
They do get a magic phase, but without wizards the dice are useless, but not to dwarfs as per army rule they still can dispell.