PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000ish Points Nurgle

BaSe
23-08-2010, 15:08
Im trying to build a nurgle army and trying to keep within the nurgle style. I have most of these minitures and am trying to make a fun army yet one that will do well. Thoughts?

Although Wulfrik isnt directly Nurgle I want to use him and his rule with my Marauders.
I feel the Knights are too much and may be swapped for something else (what however)
I feel I need another hero.
Help :)

Hero

Chaos Sorcerer
Level 4, Steed, Mark of Nurgle, Father of blades, Necrotic Phylactery
Dispel scroll

Wulfrick the Wonderer

Core

20 Chaos Marauders
Flails, chieftain, standard bearer, musician
Mark of Nurgle

12 Chaos Warriors
Champion, Standard Bearer, Musician, Shields,
Mark of Nurgle
Festering shroud

12 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Nurgle
Festering shroud

8 Chaos Warhounds

8 Chaos Warhounds

Special

5 Chaos Knights
Champion, Standard Bearer, musician
Mark of Nurgle
Banner of rage

Rare

Hellcannon

Chaos Spawn (x2)

TheKingInYellow
23-08-2010, 18:49
If you want another hero, you need a BSB. Don't leave home without one! Also you can't take the Festering Shroud twice.

I would consider a large block of warriors as well. 2 x 12 gives you some mobility, but your shield-and-armour-less Marauders are no anvil. Rank those CWs up at least 6 x 3 or 5 x 4 as a 'hard to shift' core and then use your knights and spawn to crush anything that hits them.

BaSe
23-08-2010, 19:42
Ok ill try again to get the bsb in.I understand what you say about the marauders but with Wulfrik you can bring them on on any table edge on a roll during the game. My idea is to flank using them and Wulfrik. If they can get in and hit hard then the armour save doesnt matter so much.

Hero

Chaos Sorcerer
Level 4, Steed, Mark of Nurgle, Father of blades, Necrotic Phylactery
Dispel scroll

Exalted Hero
Shield, BSB,
Festering Shroud
Mark of Nurgle

Wulfrick the Wonderer

Core

20 Chaos Marauders
Flails, chieftain, standard bearer, musician
Mark of Nurgle

12 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Nurgle

12 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Nurgle

8 Chaos Warhounds

8 Chaos Warhounds

Special

5 Chaos Knights
Champion, Standard Bearer, musician
Mark of Nurgle

Rare

Hellcannon

thesheriff
28-08-2010, 12:13
that marauder unit is far to small to make an impact. combine the warriors and drop 6 for a unit of 18 with bsb, and then use the 150-odd points for another 30 marauders. It needs size becuase it will draw alot of fire.

theSkullduggery1
28-08-2010, 15:15
First off, your sorcerer is a Lord (not Hero) and is called a Sorcerer Lord (at first I thought your list was illegal because you had too many hero points).

I usually agree with what thesheriff is saying about needing more Marauders, but since they are entering the game late with Wulfrik I would keep it a small group. I wouldn't want 50 Marauders to enter on turn 5 and by then everything be on the other side of the board.

20 will be an ok size to enter the game and get a flank charge on a unit that is already in a combat, just try to have shooting/mages in combat on the turn that your Marauders enter so that it is one less turn of shooting they face.