PDA

View Full Version : 2K pts tournament worthy list

Valek
23-08-2010, 14:11
After witnessing the first fantasy tournament in the neighbourhood, I started reworking my list.

This is where i came up to, ill contemplate on them, and tactics i might use:

1 High Sorceress Lvl 4 (Death)
Pendant of Kaleath
Power Scroll
Dark Pegasus
*One powerfull caster seems the way to go, Death is particulary good at killing crucial characters, -3 lds is great, -1s -1t aint that bad either, Kaleath will protect her from miscasts, and powerscroll to make sure i get my spell through when i need, obviously this one is mostly used for Purple sun.

1 Master, Full Mundane, Lance, Cold One
Black Dragon Egg
*Will join the Cold One unit, with Cauldron blessing for protection or the plus one attack, together with breath this unit will put a dent in whatever it will encounter.

1 Death Hag, Cauldron
* Cauldron new rules are great, will move up a bit forward to keep bsb range in first turn, its not easy destroyed and the opponent better have a decent unit to attack it. Kb on small units can be quite painfull.

20 Crossbows, shields, Full Command
* Shooting block 10*2 is great at softing up blocks or taking out small units. With cauldron blessing can even stay put against attacks.
5 Dark Riders, Rcb, Muso
* Warmachine hunters, good screens, also make fun combos when people flee from you first charge, use them to make him run again...
5 Dark Riders, Rcb, Muso
* see above

6 Shades, ahw
* Warmachine hunters, their shooting is good, with cauldron blessing these guys can put the hurt to small units also.
6 Shades, ahw
* see above
5 Cold One Knights, Full Command
Ring of Hotek
* Main hitting unit with master and cauldron will eat through anything. Ring to make sure opp mages miscast a bit, always fun.

1 Warhydra
* 175 points of awesomeness, have these bad guys seen taking on units like no tomorrow, breath in or out combat still rocks, Stomp just made em better.
1 Warhydra
* Because I like the model and no reason to not put a second one. The face of you opponent already makes this worht ":wtf: 2 Warhydra common...

The Idea is most of the time to play some sort of a refused shooting flank, block in the middle with cauldron, hydra's and COK to one side, Dark Riders and sorceress to the other side, Scouts where needed.

Now I know very well that none of this MSU will break horde units, but when combocharging, :evilgrin: as a good DE general should do you will put the hurt on.

On the other hand this army is not fortitude, its speed and target saturation, always be prepared to give up anything if it will let you win the battle, that to is druchii style:D

Valek

Valek
25-08-2010, 20:07
Been thinking around made a new incarnation, with more fortitude,

so here goes:

Dreadlord, Full mundane, La, Cold One
Black Dragon Egg
Pendant of Kaleath
Whip of Agony
* will join the cold one unit, to give them the punch to beat through a unit. Great soaker, can do horrendous damage when using egg, also good to take challenges from uber combat chars.

Sorceress Lvl2 (Death)
Powerscroll
Tome of Furion
* will use spells normally at start, when coming closer, will use scroll take out whatever i feel is a treath (hopin to get sun ofc, but good snipe can decide games to), mostly will move out of the unit she is in to minimalize miscast damage. Will go with the RCB.

Death Hag BSB, Cauldron
* Huge fan of this unit with the new rules, giving wardsave or extra attacks is great, KB is just Brutal with that man rerollable attacks. Not easy to take out either.

23 Crossbowmen shields Full Command
* Standard shooting unit, will be joined by sorceress.
5 Dark Riders, RCB, Muso
5 Dark Riders, RCB, Muso
* Vanguard move is not bad, good shots, excellent warmachine harassers, new charging rules make this guys gold if someone flees from your heavy hitters, catching them might destroy units easely.

8 Shades
8 Shades
* New scout rules makes them a little bit better on deployment, march and shoot is ace, a bit more vulnerable to template weapons. Excellent warmachine harassers, with cauldron blessing, they can take on small units easely, KB on theses guys even puts a dent in small Heavy Cav units.
5 Cold One Knights, Full Command
Ring of Hotek
* to be joined by the DL, this unit can give quite a punch, extra attack of Cauldron does wonders, 5+ ward blessing makes them more durable and make sure some make it together with DL into combat.

1 Warhydra
1 Warhydra
* Awesomeness altogether, a bit more fragile than in 7th but stomp and breath in hth makes them quite nasty. Breath al together with all partials hit rule is quite good shooting, even if only once a game.

What list would you choose and why?

tmarichards
26-08-2010, 01:19
Power Scroll and Tome are both arcane items, one will have to go.

I'd give the shades additional hand weapons.

I like having my knights 6 strong, they can still fit into a block of 5 wide infantry that way.

Valek
26-08-2010, 06:08
Ah, that really hampers my plan, mmm, might get the scroll out then.

Shades had additonal weapons, but no points left..., but your right i'll try to fit that in

Knights are 6 strong they will be joined by the dreadlord

tmarichards
26-08-2010, 10:43
Ah ok, the only problem with the knights then it that because there are only 5 rank-and-file (champion doesn't count), neither the champion or character will get a Look Out, Sir!