PDA

View Full Version : A modeling question

MrMorton
23-08-2010, 17:21
I am interested in the plastic kit that you build a High Elf wizard on foot and mounted from. My question is can you build the wizard on foot just standing on a base? I really, really don't like that floating rock thing.

Mage
23-08-2010, 17:28
I don't have the kit, but I am 90% certain that you can.

Argent
23-08-2010, 17:31
I am interested in the plastic kit that you build a High Elf wizard on foot and mounted from. My question is can you build the wizard on foot just standing on a base? I really, really don't like that floating rock thing.

Well, the Mage set comes with both a set of floating rocks and an elemental ball (I painted mine like fire, but I've also seen it painted as water, ice, and one really creative stream of shadows). The feet themselves are part of each of these bases. While chopping them off wouldn't be too hard to do, really your best bet is to take the feet from, say, the High Elf Archer set and use those instead. However, if you don't need the mounted Mage, there are a couple of fabulous on-foot sculpts for High Elf mages that you can buy as a Direct-Order from Games Workshop. I personally own the Anullian Crystal model, and it looks great. Not to mention that it's roughly half the cost of the Plastic Mage kit.

Wolfroar
23-08-2010, 17:38
I got the kit as well, besides the stone and water base there is also just normal feet. Without the need of cutting it off from the rock base. So you can just buy them. I have used the spare parts of this kit for many other models (champions).