PDA

View Full Version : Discounting Hits

Inevitable
23-08-2010, 23:42
Thank you for responses

The_Lemon
23-08-2010, 23:56
Did the cannonball rolled to wound, and if it did did it roll enough to hurt your character? If the answer is no then you still get to use your ward save.

Ramius4
24-08-2010, 00:01
Well, the Charmed Shield states that you discount the first 'hit' on a roll of a 2+. Does that mean you need to discount the Cannon-ball before the opponent rolls to wound?

There is a large area of grey here.

it's not a grey area at all. A hit is not a wound. Therefore, if you ignore the first hit, there was no roll to wound in the first place.

Ramius4
24-08-2010, 00:08
Then if that's the case. If a user shot a cannonball at my unit with a character, could I willingly assign that cannonball to my character for a chance to 2+ discount it and 4+ save vs it if the discount fails?

Only if it actually hit your character. There's nothing preventing you from not taking a look out sir! roll. So yes, that should work if the path of the ball crossed over him.

Ramius4
24-08-2010, 00:12
Would that also work with magic "as distributed per shooting" if the Unit champion has the shield?

No, unless there are less than 5 rank and file models in the unit. Otherwise, the only shooting that can target a champion at all are templates. You can't just allocate a hit to your champion because you feel like it.