PDA

View Full Version : 2500 tourney army woc 8th ed

Rakton
24-08-2010, 00:44
hey guys i am working on a list for a tourney this saturday-sunday tourney here's what i got so far.

lords

chaos lord
mot
shield
axe of khorne
tal of endurance

sorc lord
lv4
lore of shadows
tal of preservation
charmed shield

heros

bsb
mot
shield
book of secrets (lore of fire)
scroll

sorcerer
lv2
lore of death
puppet
third eye

core

20 chaos warriors
mot
shields
fc
raptous standard

15 chaos warriors
mok
fc
halbs

special

6 chaos knights
musician
banner
mok

6 chaos knights
musician
banner
mok

rare:
hellcannon

2500 points

lv4 sorcerer is by himself to support warriors and knights. bsb goes in the 20 warriors same the sorcerer is going to hide in a building or somewhere or otherwise with the tzeench unit. chaos lord goes in the khorne warriors. knights are my hammers and warriors are part of my anvil. tzeench designed against superior units to hold the line until my knights hit while the khorne will butcher hordes or units that are weaker than the warriors. hellcannon is to help support the warriors.

what should change to make it more competitive and maybe balanced?

jdunn
25-08-2010, 21:02
hey guys i am working on a list for a tourney this saturday-sunday tourney here's what i got so far.

lords

chaos lord
mot
shield
axe of khorne
tal of endurance

sorc lord
lv4
lore of shadows
tal of preservation
charmed shield

heros

bsb
mot
shield
book of secrets (lore of fire)
scroll

sorcerer
lv2
lore of death
puppet
third eye

core

20 chaos warriors
mot
shields
fc
raptous standard

15 chaos warriors
mok
fc
halbs

special

6 chaos knights
musician
banner
mok

6 chaos knights
musician
banner
mok

rare:
hellcannon

2500 points

lv4 sorcerer is by himself to support warriors and knights. bsb goes in the 20 warriors same the sorcerer is going to hide in a building or somewhere or otherwise with the tzeench unit. chaos lord goes in the khorne warriors. knights are my hammers and warriors are part of my anvil. tzeench designed against superior units to hold the line until my knights hit while the khorne will butcher hordes or units that are weaker than the warriors. hellcannon is to help support the warriors.

what should change to make it more competitive and maybe balanced?

Hi, a couple of things;

1) I dont belive you have enough models in this army. the total number of models you have is 54. currently in my 2.5k WoC i run 86 models;

2x18 Chaos warriors, one with khorne one with tzeentch.
40 marauders (horde)
a unit of knights and a unit marauder horsemen.
plus whatever lord/hero i deem worthy of this particular battle.

2)another suggestion id say is give your sorcerer lord a MoT, giving him +5 to cast spells from the Lore of Tzeentch which has access to easily the best spell in the game (infernal gate way).

3)On your regular sorcerer, i'd say the Eye of Tzeentch is completely pointless. your choosing your own lroe for a reason, and really it could only come in handy against high elves as i see it. take the conjoined homunculus instead, the chance you fail that stupidity test is so low its almost neglible.

4)rapturous standar is a very good choice for your warriors, but maybe consider giving it to the khorne warriors so they can have a little extra protectin as well?

5)other than the things i've listed above, i'd say your list is very solid, try including some marauders, youd be surprised how far khornate horsemen with flails can go.

boardbox
26-08-2010, 07:32
It's unlikely you really need 4 characters and I'd look at chaos lores before BRB lores. Some of the scarier spells in the BRB are the same as chaos spells and the chaos spells are easier to cast.

I'm actually not finding puppet that useful, but to each their own.

The 15 man khorne unit would be better as either 2x6 or 3x6.

If you can find points/models for it, marauder hordes make really scary fire magnets (50 with GW, command and MoK, is pretty cheap too for what you get).