PDA

View Full Version : Venom Thicket

DarthStewie
24-08-2010, 20:29
Sorry if this was asked before!

I have the following situation:

-An infantry units enters a Venom Thicket:
It takes a dangerous terrain test for all of its models.

-It than charges out of the forest at an enemy unit:
Does it have to take another dangerous terrain test because it moves again in the forest and do they keep there poisoned attacks for the first round of combat?

Thanks.

Scalebug
24-08-2010, 20:43
1) Yes, you are moving through it, you take tests.
2) No, you only get Poisonous Attacks as long as you are in the woods. It is different from the Necrotic ooze mysterious river, which say you get P.A until the end of the following player turn after you have taken a bath in it.

DarthStewie
24-08-2010, 21:04
In that case, the poisonous attacks would never come into play... Who would go into a forest with you and take a dangerous terrain test and get attacked by poisonous attacks?

Scalebug
24-08-2010, 21:16
You could stand on the edge of the forest and be attacked. Or someone could be forced to charge you (Frenzy and such), or simply deem the gain to outweigh the risk attacking.

All in all, for the unit in the woods, going trampling about in a nest of poisonous spiders is not really supposed to be a massively good thing anyway... :p

TheKingInYellow
24-08-2010, 21:49
In that case, the poisonous attacks would never come into play... Who would go into a forest with you and take a dangerous terrain test and get attacked by poisonous attacks?

Archers move into the forest and shoot out. Someone has to go in and get them.

Xyon
24-08-2010, 22:27
Yeah I was thinking archers in the venom thicket, but i have not read the rules myself, but if they apply to ranged as well as melee then heck yeah!

Scalebug
24-08-2010, 22:41
Sorry, no skewering spiders on your arrows, it says "close combat attacks only".

Necrotic ooze rivers though...

stripsteak
24-08-2010, 22:49
not a bad place to scout a skirmishing ranged unit...sure they wouldn't get poisoned attacks. but you can set them up on the edge so they get poison, and stubborn (for being in a forest) against anythin that charged them...or set up inside and make the unit dangerous terrain too if you don't mind them being poisoned as well.