PDA

View Full Version : 3000pts Bretonnia

Col. Custard
24-08-2010, 21:15
Hey guys, rather new to the Fantasy scene, and I do try to contribute but more often than not I am wrong, and I would enjoy your help now. I have been working on my Bret army since I recieved it last week, and came up with an army list. Without further adieu, here it is.

Lords: 2

Bretonnian Lord: 291
-General, Pegasus, Grail Vow, Shield, The Heartwood Lance, Dragonhelm, Luckstone, Gauntlet of the Duel, V. of Heroism
This guy is made to roam around and character/monster hunt as well as assist in charges. With the Blessing Ward and the 2++ from the Dragonhelm, he has a bit of protection, and Gauntlet to help remove those pesky leaders/casters.

Prophetess of the Lady: 240
-Lvl. 4, Warhorse, Lore of Life
Just a caster who will ride with the Grail Knights

Heroes: 4

Paladin BSB: 109
-BSB, Warbanner
Joins KotR A

Paladin: 126
-Shield, The Wyrmlance, V. of Duty
Joins KotR B, gets a +1 res thanks to V. to even out other units bonus from Warbanner

Damsel: 155
-Lvl. 2, Warhorse, The Silver Mirror, Lore of Beasts
Joins Questing Knights

Damsel: 125
-Lvl. 2, Chalice of Malfleur, Lore of Beasts
Joins Men at Arms

Core: 6

Knights Errant (9): 221
-Full Command, Errantry Banner
Hammer Unit

Knights of the Realm (8) A: 216
-Full Command
Hammer Unit

Knights of the Realm (8) B: 216
-Full Command
Hammer Unit

Men-at-Arms (55): 302
-Full Command
Anvil Unit

Peasant Bowmen (10): 65
-Braziers
Fire Support. Added Braziers because most of the armies I will face have weaknesses to Flaming Attacks (Vampires, Tomb Kings, Wood Elves with heavy ammount of Treemen)

Peasant Bowmen (10): 65
-Braziers
Fire Support. Added Braziers because most of the armies I will face have weaknesses to Flaming Attacks (Vampires, Tomb Kings, Wood Elves with heavy ammount of Treemen)

Special: 3

Mounted Yeomen (5): 87
-Musician, Shields
Bait/Harassment unit

Pegasus Knights (5): 305
-Full Command
Warmachine/Small Unit Hunters

Questing Knights (5): 167
-Full Command
Take on tougher units as support

Rare: 2

Field Trebuchet: 90
Does what it is made to do, throw templates downfield. Bowmen surround for support.

Grail Knights (5): 220
-Full Command
Support Hammer, with Magical Attacks for those just in case moments (ie: Etherial units, take out Dryads that lose thier save to magical attacks, ect)

3000/3000

Casting Dice: 10
Dispel Dice: 6
Model Count: 132

Comments/Criticism Encouraged

Oglog
26-08-2010, 10:09
Casting Dice: 10
Dispel Dice: 6

I don't get this? are you playing 7th edition?

presuming you are playing 8th, then the list seems fairly solid. I'm not a fan of yeomen (a unit of 5 knights errant will be 13 points more but have a 2+ save and can actually damage slightly higher toughness units, yet they can still be used as bating units as they are so cheap).

I wouldn't use questing knights as 5. 9-12, or not at all.

You have MANY units, but I would drop some down/merge and make some of the units bigger. Bretonnians are awesome in 8th edition with ranked up knights in units of 12-15, as they have full rank bonus and can break steadfast of units with 3-4 ranks, very useful.

so replace this:

Knights Errant (9): 221
Hammer Unit

Knights of the Realm (8) A: 216
-Full Command
Hammer Unit

Knights of the Realm (8) B: 216
-Full Command
Hammer Unit

total: 653

with say

Knights Errant (15) 331

Knights of the Realm (14 or 15-depends where you want character) 360
-Full Command

total: 691

yeah you need to find 40 points, maybe drop a pegasus (4 is more than enough for war machine/small unit hunting) for 55 points less (then 40 on my suggestion) and with the extra 15 points drop the yeomen and take a unit of 5 knights errant for 100 points.

This is just a suggestion, but for 7th edition, (if thats what you're playing) don't do this.:evilgrin:

cheers
/oglog

Col. Custard
26-08-2010, 13:06
Ah no, thats still just a reference to 7th, old force of habit from my friends who are still learning, but I know it works a heck of alot different now.

I will take a look into what you are saying. I dont know about putting 2 characters in a single unit of kights, but I'll tinker around and see what can be done with that.