PDA

View Full Version : Mission one-Tau

Inquisitor lorr
05-03-2006, 21:17
I'm am just starting a tau army like a lot of others and i am hoping to have a small force in time for the new codex .The fact that the new codex is not out however means until then i won't be building crisis suits due to my lack of knowledge of their weaponry.I have deceided on a grey shceme and the models below are test models for that scheme and as such their standard is a little lower than what the rest will be.Many are also unfinished-anyhoo on to the pics.:D I hope the pics are okay to as this is my first attempt at something like this

MIGHTYPanhead
05-03-2006, 21:20
very cool, neutral schemes really set off the tau.

looking foreward to more progress! :)

Anvils Hammer
05-03-2006, 21:34
they look very nice, the gems are very pretty looking.

that said, your painting skill is let down by the rather plain colour scheme.

I would add patches/lines of a contrasting colour, such as white or red markings.

BozzyB
05-03-2006, 21:44
They're looking really nice, though like Anvils Hammer said, a little contrasting lines of colour (I would advise red) would really make the models "pop".

And a note on the bases: that's exactly the way I do mine, and I love the sleek proffesional look that it gives the models, and on such a crisp paintjob, these "pro"-looking bases really complement the model.

BozzyB

cspo
05-03-2006, 22:07
don't go red, go orange.

or just leave grey.

Inquisitor lorr
05-03-2006, 22:27
Hi thanks for all the feedback

-anvils hammer and bozzyb
i will probably end up adding some white details etc the guns are now grey as well.You kinda hit my problem head on-i find it hard to find an army which i can really make look cooll witha lot of detail,but i will really try with tau to get those neat little details in,although they will probably be put in nearer the end.

thanks again:p

A neutral shade of black.
05-03-2006, 23:10
Nice. Nice gems, nice scheme, and the gems go with the suits well.

Orange markins aren't needed if you ask me, but won't damage the look of the models if used in very small quantities.

Those drones need a gem in front (on that sort of eye under the cupola), as they look rather dead right now. :P

Inquisitor Engel
06-03-2006, 05:04
Nicely done. Your brush control is solid.

You do seem to need a bit of a contrast, my Tau have a dark red as their contrast (with Gold and silver on the battlesuits for sharper contrast), Orange would be far too harsh, and too unrealistic, given the "real" colour palette you've chosen.

Check out the link in my sig for ideas.

Inquisitor lorr
06-03-2006, 18:12
Ok so heres a few more pics its the most used model ever-this is my tester crisis he has been half varnished to test the effects, he has had lumps taken off to see what they look like-his legs have been converted and he has added knee guards well anyway heres a pic and coming soon pathfinders and shield drones.

AventineCrusader
06-03-2006, 18:32
I really dig the kneepads you've added there. They make him look a lot more solid. Where are chunks takin' out of him?

Crusader:D

Inquisitor lorr
06-03-2006, 18:47
oh-its been amended ,see in the first pic on the near side i was playin around with the jet pack and wrecked ,so i green stuffed it back so its really plain.

Inquisitor Engel
06-03-2006, 19:06
Your highlighting on the Fire Warriors is well done, so are you not done with the Battlesuit? Why the flat colour? You're better than that! Highlight! ;)

Inquisitor lorr
06-03-2006, 19:29
lol-thanks-hes just a tester model-the legs are highlighted :D but iwas just trying some stuff out on him-don't worry everything will be fully highlighted.

EDIT:hmm,i can see what you mean now those pics aren't showing my highlights very well-it may be the varnish or the fact that i took them further away-i'll investigate

thanks engel

Inquisitor lorr
06-03-2006, 20:49
This is the start of my "proper" army all the previous stuff was testing various things but here you go the shield drone

Inquisitor lorr
07-03-2006, 20:20
err-wasn't many replies before but anyway heres my pathfinder shas ui,i think the photos are better

treebarkscum
07-03-2006, 20:54
I have almost the EXACT same scheme for my Tau except that they have green lenses instead of blue ones. Look pretty nice though.;)

Inquisitor lorr
07-03-2006, 22:52
okay last update for today-some WIP crisis suit si've been working on tonight with converted legs.

Despoiler
08-03-2006, 00:16
looking good so far highlights are showing up much better.

keep it up, hope to see more soon.

Warboss Garfang
08-03-2006, 00:25
Wow, these Tau look great!

Nice color scheme, and the bases are awesome.

AventineCrusader
08-03-2006, 01:04
I really like the Shas'ui, you're fully done scheme is really well done. The highlights are nice. Also the basing is clean, same scheme mine is done.

Inquisitor lorr
08-03-2006, 18:54
well most of you have posted that another complimentary colour is needed and i kinda agree so i will try it soon,but what colour should it be?

dark red
white
orange-(quite popular but i'm not too keen)
dark blue

others?

AventineCrusader
08-03-2006, 19:15
Out of those, I say dark red. I think it will compliment without overpowering your current idea.

Inquisitor lorr
08-03-2006, 20:53
Thanks crusader i have tried it and heres the result-note the guy isn't totally finished but it gives the idea,wat do you guys think?

ps heres my gun drone:D i finished tonight as well:D

AventineCrusader
08-03-2006, 21:50
I dig it. Maybe a couple thin stripes of the same color near the end of the gun barrel. I believe this would balance the color. You did that pretty fast, or had you already decided?

Inquisitor lorr
08-03-2006, 21:54
no-just went and did it when i saw your reply-hes not quite finished though

Inquisitor lorr
12-03-2006, 21:28
ok-so progress has been pretty slow recently-i have been a bit busy but i have managed another pathfinder and drone.Pics soon

Inquisitor lorr
17-03-2006, 19:58
Hi- as i said previously progress has been slow but i've been busy with school,i'm about to do my GCSE's.Anyway i have got a few more pathfinders done and hopefully a few more and some more drones will be up in the next couple of days.Hope you like them.:)

Inquisitor lorr
25-03-2006, 13:08
:cries: okay-theres been no replies in a while

anyway there will be updates later today-WIP broadside-another pathfinder and a few more drones.Pics soon

AventineCrusader
25-03-2006, 14:33
I would say to find some place to put red on the pathfinders even though they have no shoulder pad. Also, are you putting red on the drones anywhere? I look forward to seeing a broadside...

Crusader

Yodhrin
25-03-2006, 14:43
Recipie for your grey please, it would suit my 13th Co. perfectly :D

I like your Tau a lot, which is unusual as Im not a big fan of the models. The scheme is nice, not dull but not overpowering anime-style like some Tau forces.

Inquisitor lorr
25-03-2006, 17:39
Recipie for your grey please

simply a few coats of watered down codex grey followed by highlights of fortress grey

Update: pathfinders and drones,also a pic of everything i've done so far(not much):(

Inquisitor lorr
25-03-2006, 17:45
and my very WIP broadside:

Inquisitor lorr
08-04-2006, 19:25
more of the broadside is done-should be finished tonight.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=Broadside4.jpg

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=Broadside3.jpg

http:///s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=Broadside2.jpg

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=Broadside1.jpg
:D

hamani
08-04-2006, 21:33
luvin the colour scheme. its what? 3 colours. but woha its good. keeps all the attention on colours not details, crisp, clean and smooth. very nice. might have to rob it though, sorry

gaz.

Inquisitor lorr
16-04-2006, 12:05
I have finished my broadside except for the markings which will be added at the end of the army.I am also avbout halfway through another crisis and have started a second :)

comments please
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=Broadsidefinshed2.jpg
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=Broadsidewithdrones1.jpg
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=a571f6f9.jpg
http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f58/InquisitorLorr/Tau/?action=view&current=c6f9608b.jpg

EDIT:if the pics are too big tell me,i'll change them.

Inquisitor lorr
17-04-2006, 16:09
............dum.de.....dum.....de................. .................:cries:

anyone?

Unique1
17-04-2006, 16:45
STuff looks great, I may have to "far the greater good" take that scheme for my tau, provided your alright with that.